Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Never understood why Vince is so afraid of history. SuperBowl 50 was massive simply because it was the 50th one. Yet they won't even acknowledge WrestleMania numbers anymore because Vince doesn't want it to seem like something "old".

I think we've long established that junior is off his rocker.

Edited by garynysmon

Never understood why Vince is so afraid of history. SuperBowl 50 was massive simply because it was the 50th one.

They'll always bring the numbers back for the big milestones. Mania 40 will be Mania XXXX and likely emanate from Sydney, Australia.

Weird question but will vince loose money/break even/ make money from mania going on the network this year?

I know they have had lost alot of subscribers and numbers are low so Im just left wondering .

It appears what kidkris has done there is make something up..

After almost 30 seconds of googling, I found this from the 4th Quarter announcement last month;

As noted, WWE announced its fourth quarter 2015 financial report today, and the report revealed that WWE Network had 1.22 million paid subscribers, which is a 49% increase from the fourth quarter of 2014. WWE also announced that Network hit an all-time high of 1.24 million average paid subscribers for the quarter.

Back in October of 2015, WWE reported 1.173 million subscribers for the third quarter, and the company finished the third quarter with 1.233 million paid subscribers. Prior to that, WWE announced 1.156 million subscribers for the period ending June 30th.

Year-on-year they're way up, so unless he's been given some inside information in the last month, I think he's telling porkies..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Weird question but will vince loose money/break even/ make money from mania going on the network this year?

I know they have had lost alot of subscribers and numbers are low so Im just left wondering .

Wrestlemania has been on the Network for the past 2 Editions, This isn't the first time for that

Numbers are lower than they projected a few years ago. They are giving Wrestlemania away for free to new customers, I might take them up on it then cancel before my free subscription runs out.

Although to be fair I was never going to pay for the network anyway as I don't really have the time to pay a tenner to something I might watch a few times a month.

• Paid Members

Although to be fair I was never going to pay for the network anyway as I don't really have the time to pay a tenner to something I might watch a few times a month.

You don't have the time to pay for something?