Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The problem with that story is that, ultimately, it boils down to 'Sting and Undertaker will likely happen, and it'll likely happen at a PPV'. Which isn't that meaty a story.

Seeing as Sting seems to have been talking up having a giant chub for Wrestlemania, and wrestling Undertaker there, i'd be surprised if he agrees to ponce it up at Extreme Rules.

I'm beginning to think, though, that Sting will likely wrestle one or more match, maybe on a Lesnar type deal for a year. Triple H, Cena and Taker would obviously be the logical picks for 3 main event feuds.

Though, you could always do Sting/Cena vs. The Wyatt's as his first match back to bed him in, familiarise himself with any members of the audience that haven't a clue who he is. After Sting/Cena win that, you could have The Wyatt's batter Sting and write him out for a bit. Then, you can do HHH at Summerslam and then Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Though, hearing the phrase 'waste an Undertaker wrestlemania match on Sting' makes me so, so sad. What bullshit.

• Moderators
Yeah, but you're begging the question with that point, because the argument is that it is to his detriment that "looking like he could kick someone's ass" isn't one of his key characteristics.

"Could he kick someone's ass" is pretty one dimensional. We should also think "do I want to see him get his ass kicked" and/or "do I want to see him kick someone's ass." Punk has both if those qualities in abundance and can switch from one to the other very easily. The perfect wrestler would be able to master all three, but a good wrestler will do well off one or two

Well, that's the dimension that was being discussed, not the other two. Some of the people who were discussing it noted they were fans of his work. Clearly a lot of people rate him at the same time as having a problem with his look. Vamp, I think it was, said as much.

But you just insist on getting massively butthurt and taking it personally every time anyone says anything negative about Punk.

• Paid Members

The thing that gets me about Punk and his wank sideburns is he says his current look is all down to not really caring about his appearance at the moment, but he actively shaves those fucking things that way on a regular basis. He must know that he looks like a cunt.

According to his Wikipedia, the last time we saw Evan Bourne was at an NXT live event on March 28th 2013 were he fought Sami Zayn (under his real name of Rami Sebei at the time).

And surely people would notice that Sin Cara was a completely different skintone. Unless we're going with the idea that we were speaking of on here a few months back that Sin Cara can regenerate

Edited by KingOfMetal

The Punk topic is probably getting a bit boring now but I'm not sure having rubbish tattoos does make him stick out that much, nor the way he dresses really. There's people like that round where I live. Punk stands out in the WWE though, which is another reason why he's been at the top but not the very peak really. Cena walks in a room not related to wrestling and grabs attention because he's a good looking, charming, enthusiastic and seemingly genuine person.

I really hope WWE doesn't waste an Undertaker WrestleMania match on Sting. He can't have many left.

Why that? Who would you rather see him fight? I think it could be massive. I know both are way into their twilight years, but there's a much anticipated story to tell.

Edited by LEGIT

I agree on Sting being a waste. Sting hasn't been the crow since 97. He's in worse shape that undertaker, and has no wwe history. Guys in late 50s in face paint aren't getting introduced as a threat to the streak.

Has it been considered that Sting could be introduced as a kind of ally to Taker? Brock vs Taker could be brutal, but Taker should hold onto the streak. After the match and obligatory poses in front of the streak score on the Tron, it could be cool having Lesnar begin beating down Taker with Heyman yelling about losing the battle but winning the war, but then lights out and Sting appears, chasing Lesnar and Heyman off with a bat. Then post match staredown with Taker, lights out, but when they come back on, both have disappeared.

That would give them months to a year to work a slow burn angle and reintroduce a version of Crow Sting.

Edited by CavemanLynn

Yeah I've said it before but I have no interest in Taker/Sting as a Mania match. I think Sting's great and would love to see him have a run, but I just don't see him on Taker's level, either in status or ability. And that's coming from a massive, massive WCW fan. I just don't see the appeal at all.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be massively arsed about seeing Undertaker vs Sting at WrestleMania, but I wouldn't be against it either. It's just how many WrestleManias does Undertaker have left in him? I still would love to see him and Cena headline one before he retires. Maybe we can get both if Taker can hang on for another two years. Is that likely, or is next year's probably his last WrestleMania?

I wouldn't be massively arsed about seeing Undertaker vs Sting at WrestleMania, but I wouldn't be against it either. It's just how many WrestleManias does Undertaker have left in him? I still would love to see him and Cena headline one before he retires. Maybe we can get both if Taker can hang on for another two years. Is that likely, or is next year's probably his last WrestleMania?

I think the only person who knows that is Taker. If he sticks to one match per year there's no real reason why he can't go on for another few years, providing he doesn't pick up any serious injuries. I think the real deciding factor for him would be when he feels he could no longer live up to the standards he's previously set.

I think a lot of the mystique in Undertaker vs Sting goes if it's not at wrestlemania and it's not Sting first match in the company. For the long term fans, who can be the only ones to consider it a dream match at this stage, it's the guy who is synonymous with WCW against the guy synonymous with the WWE, if Sting has already had a match by that point than that vanishes. It's also Sting competing at his first wrestlemania against the man who is wrestlemania. And Undertaker's matches at this point are, by and large, about the long term fans who do flock back once a year. I'd say the build up to it is more important than some of the other matches have been, the Sting character really needs protecting, but it's not like you can't build Crow Sting vs Undertaker through blokes saying very little while standing in shadows not saying much and awesome video packages.