Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
McMemphis!

More proof that most of the best stuff came out of Tennessee. Roughhouse Fargo is one of my favourite things ever. Heels are bastards so they get Roughouse in town! A ref everywhere else, but in the Mid South Coliseum, a guaranteed house.

I'd love a gimmick like Roughouse today. Some mental Jack Russell of a man from a nuthouse who's on two or three cards a year being a total fucking mental and settling scores for the Good Guys.

Something that I really love the sound of is Blackjack Mulligan's crazy cousin Luke, who sounds like much the same gimmick - played by Killer Tim Brooks, Mulligan would bust him out of the nuthouse on a three-day pass to fuck up whoever he was feuding with at the time.

• Paid Members
I wonder if Vince had thought about becoming a heel authority figure before or if it was just a spur of the moment thing after the Montreal fallout.

He had already done some heel work in the USWA...

"Ingrate"

Scuse the shill, but I've got a piece in the current issue of FSM all about the USWA-WWF feud from 1993. It's to tie in with Bret doing a column remembering KOTR from that year.

• Paid Members

This is interesting.

TMZ.com has reported that C.M. Punk has gotten a restraining order against his mother, claiming she is constantly hitting him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he turns her down.

Punk, in legal documents, said he was trying to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year due to years of abusive, harssing and threatening behavior. He claims his mother suffers from being bipolar.

He said he's given her more than $100,000, but she became abusive and threatening when he told her he was cutting her off. She unleashed a barrage of e-mails about how he didn't care about his family, and threatened to release embarrassing information about Punk's arrests while he was in high school. He also claimed his mother threatened suicide to him at least four times last year.

Punk got a temporry restraining order agianst his mother on 6/10, and will be in court today trying to get a long-term order against her.

This explains so much about why Punk is such a miserable fucker.

I'm willing to bet those "embarrassing arrests" were drug related. GIMMICKS A WORK!~

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

This is interesting.

TMZ.com has reported that C.M. Punk has gotten a restraining order against his mother, claiming she is constantly hitting him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he turns her down.

Punk, in legal documents, said he was trying to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year due to years of abusive, harssing and threatening behavior. He claims his mother suffers from being bipolar.

He said he's given her more than $100,000, but she became abusive and threatening when he told her he was cutting her off. She unleashed a barrage of e-mails about how he didn't care about his family, and threatened to release embarrassing information about Punk's arrests while he was in high school. He also claimed his mother threatened suicide to him at least four times last year.

Punk got a temporry restraining order agianst his mother on 6/10, and will be in court today trying to get a long-term order against her.

This explains so much about why Punk is such a miserable fucker.

I'm willing to bet those "embarrassing arrests" were drug related. GIMMICKS A WORK!~

Any arrest is embarrassing when your job entails being a kids entertainer and role model.

• Paid Members

Nearly everyone in the business has been arrested at some point, wrestling fans don't give a fuck about that and kids don't get to find out about it. How many casual fans know Jack Swagger was found guilty of DUI this week? (following arrest in February).

It would be mildly embarrassing for Punk if it turned out he'd been arrested for drug offences as a high school kid, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to his career.

If it happened when he was a kid, and the story breaks properly then it could help him. They'll spin it and have him say 'look, drugs/drink are bad and giving them up gave me the chance at success'.

He could be the face of their very own 'Just Say No' campaign.

• Paid Members

I was just kidding about the drug offenses. I dont believe that at all. Probably thieving or fighting or shite generally associated with post card Punks of the 90s. Maybe throwing a water balloon off an old mans head and running as he shakes his fist in comedic fashion to the song "In The End" by Linkin Park.

But if anyone thinks Punk getting found out he was once done for drug offenses will help him, they are mental. The guy has actual respect even from the people that dont like him for not doing any drugs. The shit storm that would hit him if they found out he was arrested for it would be astronomical. WWE would NEVER do a "he did drugs and got arrested for it in real life lol" angle. If they wanted someone for a campaign based around formerly doing drugs, they have about 800 phone numbers in Titan Towers from ex-wrestlers. Bring in Greg Valentine, he could back it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Any arrest is embarrassing when your job entails being a kids entertainer and role model.

It really isn't. Nobody is going to give a shit if we found out he stole from the pick n mix at Woolys when he was 15.

He did what?

Hanging's too good for the likes of him.

To the Bret Hart point, Bulldog and Anvil would still have been around. Lafon and Furnas would likely have been associated with the remaining Foundation. Hard to say how it all would have fit in really as it's all guess work no matter what.

What is for sure though is that Bret Hart had an amazing 1997 with killer bouts with Austin, Undertaker, Vader and Michaels. There was still plenty left in the tank. A lengthier programme with Shawn is too mouth watering to think about for me. Not to mention matches with Rock / HHH once they started coming into their own, and even a programme with Foley is something I consider a great shame for never having happened.

But Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels both fucking off was absolutely instrumental in Rock and Triple H coming into their own. There are only so many spots at the top, and Bret and Shawn weren't the type to fancy moving down the card. Even as you say yourself:

Oh, and Bret Hart would have made a fine corporate champion...

Him and Rock couldn't have both won the title at Survivor Series '98.

Iwas just kidding about the drug offenses. I dont believe that at all. Probably thieving or fighting or shite generally associated with post card Punks of the 90s. Maybe throwing a water balloon off an old mans head and running as he shakes his fist in comedic fashion to the song "In The End" by Linkin Park.

But if anyone thinks Punk getting found out he was once done for drug offenses will help him, they are mental. The guy has actual respect even from the people that dont like him for not doing any drugs. The shit storm that would hit him if they found out he was arrested for it would be astronomical. WWE would NEVER do a "he did drugs and got arrested for it in real life lol" angle. If they wanted someone for a campaign based around formerly doing drugs, they have about 800 phone numbers in Titan Towers from ex-wrestlers. Bring in Greg Valentine, he could back it.

I wasn't really thinking of an angle, I was thinking more of an abstinence version of 'be a star' or something.

But, you're right, it WAS a bit of a brain fart. Ho hum.

• Paid Members
Maybe throwing a water balloon off an old mans head and running as he shakes his fist in comedic fashion to the song "In The End" by Linkin Park.

:laugh: That's Punk's next WrestleMania entrance sorted.