Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

3 hours ago, Louch said:

I wouldn’t call All In the fans being Conned. People I know going are going for the experience, it’s a payback for those that have worked hard to make the indies somewhere people want to stay and excel in. People are going for fun, and will be a fun show. Dunno what there is to dislike in it 

This, basically. I don't think people are going with the intention of witnessing a ***** show (though that'd be a good bonus) - it's just people wanting to be part of history being made. This singular show is the biggest, most accessible example of "sticking it" to WWE which is all the rage. People might be down on the card at the moment, but as soon as they announce Omega's match, I see the majority of public opinion doing a 180 on it.

• Paid Members

Imagine a #MeToo movement based around how women have been treated in the WWE in the past. Not just sexual stuff, but all the weird shit like somebody (was it Shawn?) shitting in Sable's bag (I think that's the story, I forget the details now, but you get the point.)

There is so much shit in wrestling's past especially that would bring down any over company. You can't tell me Vince wasn't doing some questionable shit with women back during the 80s boom period. I wouldn't believe you. For whatever reason, as much as pro-wrestling has moved into the light in terms of acknowledging it's all a work and the death of kayfabe, the boys all still seem to protect the boys (and the promoters even, given that much of the reason Vince  didn't get nailed by the feds on the steroids thing was because a bunch  of guys refused to talk about  inside stuff) And it's a wonder to me that half the guys working in the 80s and 90s haven't found themselves at the wrong end of a Twitter expose.

In fact, I might write a series of articles based on the many alleged incidents of harrassment, both sexual and otherwise, in the WWF/E, historically, against women and have just shot an email over to their media relations team asking for a comment on the Randy Orton story from Court Bauer's podcast. I'm not expecting much if anything back but we shall see.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Imagine a #MeToo movement based around how women have been treated in the WWE in the past.

I mis-read this at first as "#MeToo tournament" .... call me sentimental but I'd give Lawler a run to the final for old times sake.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Boydy

Kidderminster is part of the WWE Universe??? ...... have we finally solved the riddle of "Parts Unknown"????

• Paid Members

Did anything more come of those accusations against Foley a while back? Can't remember the woman's name but she accused Foley (and others, Heyman?) of raping her at shows when she was underage. Sounded well grim if it was true.