Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The crowd at Money In The Bank are going to be a right headache though

Oh god it's in Chicago isn't it? 

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jinny has signed a WWE UK contract, will probably be apart of the Mae Young Classic. 

Fair play to her I've only seen once of her matches... Its a wonder Martina doesn't  get signed

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, kidzero said:

Fair play to her I've only seen once of her matches... Its a wonder Martina doesn't  get signed

Martina's all about the gimmick. A gimmick WWE wouldn't let her do on their TV. I love her, but there's a long list of women in the UK and Ireland that they'd look at before her.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Yep. And they also got Reigns v Mahal. I'm expecting those chants during that one. But seriously though. It's been 4 years. We all gotta move on.

I've only just put that all together. Reigns, Mahal, Chicago. What a fucking disaster. "If anyone wins, we riot." 

It's going to be worse than that Cena v Orton Rumble match, isn't it? 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I've only just put that all together. Reigns, Mahal, Chicago. What a fucking disaster. "If anyone wins, we riot."

That hit me last night reading the above. If you look up Recipe for disaster in Jamie Oliver's new book "500 hidden Ingredient recipes" - you'll find a picture of Reigns, Mahal and a Chicago crowd.

3 minutes ago, Statto said:

I think I said when the Reigns-Mahal match was confirmed, I'd not be shocked to see the Chicago crowd try to arrange backs turned en masse or something.

Outside of not buying a ticket in the first place, it really is the best to protest poor booking. But we all know they won’t, they might say they will but it’ll turn into another one of those ‘hijackings’ with random shit chants and probably a Mexican wave. And if Jinder wins they’ll cheer, and then moan that their getting spoonfed crap. They’ll get what they deserve. And that’s not a shot at either man, I haven’t given up on Reigns yet and Jinder is just doing as he’s told but is in a spot he shouldn’t be anywhere near.

Having said that, you’ve got to think that everyone other than Vince knows what sort of reaction they’re going to get. I can picture them doing something similar to what they did with the Reigns/Rusev match at Summerslam the other year and have a pull apart brawl with the match never getting started. Make it a 5 minute angle before the main event and you avoid people leaving early like they did last time

• Paid Members

Not sure how true it is, but I read on one of the newz sites that Vince expected a poor reaction to the Backlash main event due to it being in front of a smart New York/New Jersey crowd. So with that in mind, surely he knows that the Reigns/Mahal match will get shat all over by the Chicago crowd and simply doesn't care anymore.

I think he's trolling at this point, he knows full well it don't matter, he's got the money in the bank (no pun intended) from the TV deals. The days of needing a star are so far gone it's not even funny, nobody really moves the numbers, it's the juggernaut that is WWE that drives everything. The personality void that is Magnus could be on top and they'd do the same - ok, not great, but consistent ratings etc. that keep the execs happy, whilst putting most of the effort in to charitable causes and shit films.

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jinny has signed a WWE UK contract, will probably be apart of the Mae Young Classic. 

Chris Brookes got on the mic at the last Rev Pro show and stated that he too was offered a WWE UK contract but turned it down. Fair play.

Edited by Accident Prone