Vintage Collection - anyone watch it?

RoryFice

Crazy to think that they actually went ahead with a title win on that night, but I suppose it wasn't generally known he was dead until after the PPV. I've certainly never seen any footage from that night.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy to think that they actually went ahead with a title win on that night, but I suppose it wasn't generally known he was dead until after the PPV. I've certainly never seen any footage from that night.

Jim Ross announced he was dead before the HHH/Rock match.

Is this the first time any kind of footage from OTE 99 has been used on WWE TV, DVD or anything? Other than the shot of JR and Lawler announcing his death to the viewing public, anyway. Was any footage of Taker's title win that night used on the WWE Championship DVD, or any of the Taker releases for that matter?

Can't remember when, but at some point during a show they showed all of Undertaker's title wins, so showed the last 30 seconds or so of that match.

Is this the first time any kind of footage from OTE 99 has been used on WWE TV, DVD or anything? Other than the shot of JR and Lawler announcing his death to the viewing public, anyway. Was any footage of Taker's title win that night used on the WWE Championship DVD, or any of the Taker releases for that matter?

Yup. One of the recap shows that same week showed the majority of the matches if I remember correctly.

Vintage collection is covering the WCW buyout today. Just switched it on, and they are talking about the Ministry and corporation joining forces. Currently showing a Survivor Series match. The Union vs The Ministry. Will watch the replay later.

The Union match is from Over the Edge 1999 - didn't think that would ever get on the telly...
The worst thing I noticed watching vintage the other night is that there are blood stains on the canvas where Owen fell! Check it out again and you'll see it - poor Owen

is the first run episode early in the week then? I always though it premiered on Sunday morning. As does whoever... makes it available online.

The first run episode is always on the Sunday morning on Sky in the U.K. The same episode each weekend airs on the Score in Canada slightly earlier, on the Friday night, hence why it sometimes 'shows up' on the 'net before the airing on Sky.

I've still got my recording of that night and I'll probably keep it forever but never watch it again. The wrestling fanatic in me died that night and turned into the ultra-casual fan I am now.

Is it still ultra-casual if it persists for 14 years? If you had a bird that long she'd feel entitled to meet your mates at least.

• Paid Members

Could the blood stains in the ring not be from an earlier match on the PPV? I can't remember if any of the earlier matches had any blood in them but I suppose the Holly vs Snow hardcore match might have.

Archived