Vintage Collection - anyone watch it?

RoryFice

I wouldn't normally start a topic for this but I couldn't find any recent Vintage Collection related threads.

Anyway, I watched this weeks episode this morning, which was apparently the first in the yearly look back at past cruiserweight action. Most of the matches were just ok, but one (Black Tiger vs the Cobra, for the WWF Junior Heavyweight Title) was really good. Strange to think that it was from only a few months before Wrestlemania I.

Anyway, what did everyone else think of the episode and the Black Tiger vs Cobra match in particular?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Tiger - Cobra was excellent.That was Mark Rocco as Black Tiger right? Who was under the Cobra mask? I would approve of this thread turning into regular Vintage Collection discussion. They are keeping with the cruiser weight theme for the next few weeks could be interesting.

I watch vintage everyweek, best wwe tv every week. The cobra-tiger match was great loved gorilla monsoon not really knowing what the moves were. I was hopin the pillman-guerrero match was rthe one with heenan swearing but wasnt.

• Paid Members

I was watching Vibtage last week where the was a lumberjack match involving Vader and someone else I forget. The Shockmaster was one of the heel lumberjacks and constantly was abused by Jesse Ventura on commentary over the trip/lose mask incident, which I wouldn't have thought they would have done back then. Funny though.

Vintage is great.

I was watching Vibtage last week where the was a lumberjack match involving Vader and someone else I forget. The Shockmaster was one of the heel lumberjacks and constantly was abused by Jesse Ventura on commentary over the trip/lose mask incident, which I wouldn't have thought they would have done back then. Funny though.

Vintage is great.

They sort of turned being a clumsy bastard into Shockmaster's gimmick I think, so Jesse was just playing on that, he did give him a fair bit of stick though.

Vintage is great.

Usually only catch bits of it, but Vintage is a cool show. The Macho Man tribute one from a couple of weeks back was awesome.

The Vader/Steamboat match you refer to was just awful though. Can't believe they actually showed that. I thought some of the punches (from both guys) looked awful, which was bizarre considering how brilliant both of them were.

• Paid Members

Excellent match, Cobra VS Rocco. Great episode.

Who did they keep name-dropping during the Taylor/TAKA VS Tajiri/Christopher match? They were talking about great junior heavyweights and Jim Ross mentioned one of the all-time greats of that weight class, Cornette added that he was the best wrestler America had ever produced. I couldn't hear the name they mentioned.

• Paid Members

Vintage is great.

They sort of turned being a clumsy bastard into Shockmaster's gimmick I think, so Jesse was just playing on that, he did give him a fair bit of stick though.

Makes sense then. I thought Jesse just had a problem with Shocky.

The tag match with a young Tajiri and Scotty Too Hotty was quite good too.

ive watched a few really good matches and some not so good one last week was a triple threat match with Ron Simmons vs Savio Vega vs Crush when he was in DOA and the botch in it is epic

Archived