Vintage Collection - anyone watch it?

RoryFice

Yeah, Piper was great in the role, hopefully they'll keep him alongside Gene in future.

I haven't seen that Piper/Mountie Royal Rumble match in 10 years. Piper was so over, The crowd reaction to his first title win is glorious.

Yeah it was amazing to see how rabid the crowd was, and how much winning the belt seemed to actually mean to him.

Shows you how far the titles have fallen. You used to get pops like that for winning a secondary belt. Aside from Punk winning the WWE title in Chicago (which is about as partisan a crowd as you'll ever get) I can't remember the last time a title change was met with anything like that.

Really enjoyed Vintage, could have done without seeing his pasty flabby body in that tag match with Flair though . . .

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

Vintage collection is covering the WCW buyout today. Just switched it on, and they are talking about the Ministry and corporation joining forces. Currently showing a Survivor Series match. The Union vs The Ministry. Will watch the replay later.

They still show the Vintage Collection? Why do I not know this. I haven't seen it in so long I thought they cancelled it. It was the only show that brought guaranteed weekly entertainment.

Why did you stop watching then?

I only seemed to catch it when it was on before the live Raw. That was when the show was 2 hours long and when I wasn't working. When do they usually air Vintage Collection?

Always make a point of watching this from SKY+Quite frustrating they (sometimes) get lazy with the EPG preview on the SKY TV guide and don't list the matches like they used to and purely for nostalgic reasons it would be nice if they could squeeze in intros/music instead of Okerlund talking so much but i appreciate it's tight trying to squeeze so much into an hour.

Vintage collection is covering the WCW buyout today. Just switched it on, and they are talking about the Ministry and corporation joining forces. Currently showing a Survivor Series match. The Union vs The Ministry. Will watch the replay later.

The Union match is from Over the Edge 1999 - didn't think that would ever get on the telly...

Is this the first time any kind of footage from OTE 99 has been used on WWE TV, DVD or anything? Other than the shot of JR and Lawler announcing his death to the viewing public, anyway. Was any footage of Taker's title win that night used on the WWE Championship DVD, or any of the Taker releases for that matter?

Archived