Vintage Collection - anyone watch it?

RoryFice

The tag match with a young Tajiri and Scotty Too Hotty was quite good too.

ive watched a few really good matches and some not so good one last week was a triple threat match with Ron Simmons vs Savio Vega vs Crush when he was in DOA and the botch in it is epic

I never saw it, but the match does ring a bell, the IYH before Bad Blood with the first HBK/Taker match, Headbangers winning the titles and Hitman/Patriot?

Is it a neckbreaker where he swings in the wrong direction?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who did they keep name-dropping during the Taylor/TAKA VS Tajiri/Christopher match? They were talking about great junior heavyweights and Jim Ross mentioned one of the all-time greats of that weight class, Cornette added that he was the best wrestler America had ever produced. I couldn't hear the name they mentioned.

I haven't seen the programme, but I would guess Danny Hodge.

• Paid Members
Who did they keep name-dropping during the Taylor/TAKA VS Tajiri/Christopher match? They were talking about great junior heavyweights and Jim Ross mentioned one of the all-time greats of that weight class, Cornette added that he was the best wrestler America had ever produced. I couldn't hear the name they mentioned.

I haven't seen the programme, but I would guess Danny Hodge.

That would be him, it sounded like that. I have honestly not heard of him before.

Did anyone think the modified 3 tomestone piledrivers and backsplash finisher looked horrendously scary? I know these guys were seriously good but the piledrivers had zero margin for safety. Or am I missing something?

Yep - it was Danny Hodge they mentioned.

I didnt know that Rollerball Rocco had been in WWF, how long was he there for ???????????????

I thought his mask looked the same as tiger mask, did they ever fight together in Japan???????????

I don't really know much about it, but I'm pretty positive Black Tiger is Tiger Masks biggest enemy so I'm sure they've faced it each other numerous time in each of their incarnations...

ive watched a few really good matches and some not so good one last week was a triple threat match with Ron Simmons vs Savio Vega vs Crush when he was in DOA and the botch in it is epic

I never saw it, but the match does ring a bell, the IYH before Bad Blood with the first HBK/Taker match, Headbangers winning the titles and Hitman/Patriot?

yeah thats the one it was a shit match like

agree with you sir, the muta video package will hopefully be used again soon when he is inducted into the hall of fame. Cudnt of been too long till hall was signed to wcw as the diamond studd.

• Paid Members
agree with you sir, the muta video package will hopefully be used again soon when he is inducted into the hall of fame.

What a nice touch, totally surprised they put together a video package for Muta. Really enjoyed today's show.

The Pillman & Guerrero packages last week were also brilliant.

Sometimes it's just random stuff. They have themes that last several weeks. At the moment it's Cruiserweights, before that it was WCW Saturday Night. They usually have themes like "Summerslam", but it won't be matches from Summerslam, it will be matches that related the feud for matches at Summerslam. It's great.

• Paid Members

Quite a cool one was WrestleMania revenge, which was house show rematches of Mania bouts, or variants of. And by cool, I mean Doink vs Crush in France and Rockers/Virgil vs Orient Express/Fuji from MSG.

They've done a couple that have just been "four matches from the same MSG show."

i believe that one was IYH: Ground Zero. The first IYH to get bumped upto 3 hours rather than the usual 2 hours, and had the HBK/Taker "mass brawl-not really a match at all" at the end

Archived