Vintage Collection - anyone watch it?

RoryFice

I was incredibly shocked to see an Over The Edge match shown on Vintage, it was the first time I have seen a full match from that event. Back in '99 I had taped the show but after being told about Owen's death I simply threw the video away and have never had any desire to watch anything that took place that night since. I have of course seen the ending to the Taker/Austin match many times on WWE programming, but until watching Vintage, that has been it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why, but for the first time in the 5 year history of the show, this week's episode of Vintage Collection was a repeat - they simply re-aired the May 26th episode. The episode this week was supposed to be week 1 on the cruiserweights.

Not sure if this was a Sky mistake, or a WWE mistake. I wonder if the SCORE in Canada also had the same repeat, as they get the same show as us each weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I did wonder if she'd been taken off/unavailable due to her move up the ladder to backstage interviewer on Smackdown/Raw, but she tweeted someone last night to say she'd be back "in a couple of weeks".

I assume they tape at least a month's worth of links in one go, so I guess she was just unavailable for this particular taping.

Really enjoyable episode this week, BTW. Always good to see some WCW Cruiserweight goodness. I always forget just how over Dean Malenko was, too. The pop for the Ciclope unmasking always sticks in my head but there was surely a portion of that as a result of it being a great angle as well as people loving Dean, but that Starrcade crowd was going nuts for his offence too.

• 4 weeks later...
Lita looked a thing of beauty. Forgot what a sort she was when she first came to the wwf. She was right the way through her career actually.

She looked the best when she was with edge. But I think that was down to what they got her to wear,her tits were hanging out half the time :laugh:

Archived