Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

• Paid Members
'Nobody said they were glad she was injured.' - No? So calling her a silly slag and 'worthless' is showing compassion for her being injured then, is it?

Calling her a silly slag has nothing to do with her injury. She was worthless to the company, and again that has nothing to do with her injury.

As for compassion?. You might have burst into tears when it happened and started wishing death on big bad TNA for giving her money that she couldn't earn elsewhere in the business (because she's worthless), but normal people didn't. Injuries happen, THAT'S WRESTLING!.

And people especially aren't going to show "compassion" when it was her own fucking fault.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He should get on the phone to TNA right fucking now!

"Hi TNA, it's Christian. I think I deserve better than this shabby treatment."

"Damn right you do, brotha! If I sack half the Knockouts I might just have enough in the kitty to pay you half what you're on now."

"Oh... that's a shame. My best mate just had a career-ending diagnosis, and I'm trying to put as much away as possible in case I have to retire through injury."

"Don't worry brotha. You'll make lots of money wrestling Ken Anderson."

"Umm...."

Well name one heel on SD who could feud with Orton and put on as good a match as Christian would if he turned heel.

Yeah, because that's the WWE's pressing concern; the quality of the in-ring output.

And, I never said Christian wouldn't get his rematch. I said that it's unlikely that someone who'd had the title taken off them 2 days after winning it (despite the in-built storyline for his win; edge's retirement), and someone who they've NEVER had any faith in, would get a run with the brands top guy until SUMMERSLAM. Which you suggested.

I'm almost convinced Christian will get a title shot next, and lose.

Then it's probably Henry.

And, considering the way he went out, I wouldn't be surprised if Summerslam was Jericho/Orton.

*ALSO, its mental how people equate 'not being a main eventer' with 'not worth bothering. TNA it is'...

they didn't, but that wasn't what you were asking. Read what you posted, you plank.

Read my whole post then:

Yes it is, considering nobody wishes injury of Daffney. Your just getting all emotional because people have no sympathy for her court case against TNA. Nobody wants to see her out of work and hurt. Nobody ever said that to the best of my knowledge. Your just getting all confused, because that argument was about whether its great that Daffney was injured or not. That was about whether TNA had the right to stop booking her when she signed the original contract that she is complaining about. When did ANYONE say "its class that Daffney's injured lol".

Why did you reply with "examples" to dispell the above post then? Thats exactly what I was asking.

I'm just nit picking now.

Yes, because that is all you can do, because you cant see the bigger picture. You can nit pick and try your best to make yourself sound like less of a mong, but it never works because in the grand scheme of things you continue to prove you dont know what your talking about.

'Nobody said they were glad she was injured.' - No? So calling her a silly slag and 'worthless' is showing compassion for her being injured then, is it?

I never said I wanted to show any compassion for her. When did I say that? I said I didnt wish injury on her. There's a difference.

Okay re: 'that's exactly what I was asking'. No, it wasn't. If putting your comment 'When did ANYONE say "its class that Daffney's injured lol".' before posting my response is not making it absolutely clear what point or question I'm responding to then I really can't make it much clearer. I wasn't responding to any other posts you had previously made at that particular point.

I have a different opinion to you on certain things, that doesn't mean I 'don't know what I'm talking about'. Nit picking is quite blatantly not all I can do otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion. If anything, YOUR response to me saying it wasn't Kharma's fault Alicia Fox got injured [which is how this all started, remember?] was nit picking.

As for your third point. I was trying to break it down into simple terms by saying that somebody can either be glad or not glad about something, such as somebody being injured. Of couse, there is the third option, indifference, but it you were indifferent to her injuries then you wouldn't comment in the first place, because there'd be no need, because you're indifferent........

Anyway, If I'm being honest, I think it's got to the point where we're both just trying to find reasons in even the slightest comments as to why we think the other is a complete tool. Its not actually progressing the original difference of opinion any further and is just gonna lead to childish name calling [something you are WAY ahead of me on, to be fair :) ].

Quite clearly whatever I say is not gonna dissuade you from thinking I'm a 'mong' or whatever, and the feeling is mutual.

• Paid Members

This thread is hilarious. I cannot believe how Christian's title loss has turned the internet into crying, retarded 12 year olds. Kayfabe is alive and well, people.

Look, they've clearly said "Hey, Christian. With Edge retiring, we thought about a good feelgood angle for the next PPV with you winning the vacant title against Del Rio. For a start, we want to build up Del Rio's title pursuits until he finally wins a world title and plus it will be a nice way of you celebrating your broth...err your friends' career. However, because we don't see you as World Champion material, you will be dropping the title a couple of days later to an already established main eventer. How does that sound?"

Would Christian turn around and say "Fuck this, I'm calling TNA and teaming with Matt Hardy"? No, surely he was thinking 'fairplay, one day I can tell my grandkids that I was a proper world champion'. Get a grip, interstrawbs.

The only thing I can think on, is that they dont want a babyface title match at the next ppv and Orton is so over as a face just now he has to stay that way, it wouldnt make sense for Christian to turn heel whilst on top of the world.

They clearly want Orton as thee man on Smackdown but this is feels like they hotshotted it and gave it away for free on tv and probably wont even get much ratings from it as people read it first and many are obviously pissed off about it.

Maybe they had to do it.

Sucks to be Christian :(

• Paid Members
They clearly want Orton as thee man on Smackdown

If anyone was ever going to be thee man on Smackdown, surely it would have been McIntyre?

Not the worst thing ever, bit of a slap in the face to Christian but hes a pro you just get on with the job. What does baffle me though is why they couldnt have had the match on ppv and actually made some money off it. Instead the ppv buys will be down again..due to lack of interest, Orton vs Henry, yeh like the time Angle wrestled Henry and people left during the show, marvellous!!

He should get on the phone to TNA right fucking now!

"Hi TNA, it's Christian. I think I deserve better than this shabby treatment."

"Damn right you do, brotha! If I sack half the Knockouts I might just have enough in the kitty to pay you half what you're on now."

"Oh... that's a shame. My best mate just had a career-ending diagnosis, and I'm trying to put as much away as possible in case I have to retire through injury."

"Don't worry brotha. You'll make lots of money wrestling Ken Anderson."

"Umm...."

Outstanding.

Yes, I think the general consensus is it sucks to be Christian. How will he sleep at night?

mcbain.gif

On a bed full of money, with many beautiful ladies.

I called Daffney (who I am actually a fan of) an idiot when she took that stupid bump that broke her arm and I still stand by my comments from back then.

Back onto Christian the boat sailed following his mini feud with Cena imo where I reckon he showed the potential to become a Chris Jericho level part time main eventer but for whatever reason he decided to fuck off to TNA and hasn't been the same since.

And his music sucks the original version was so much better.

• Paid Members
This thread is hilarious. I cannot believe how Christian's title loss has turned the internet into crying, retarded 12 year olds. Kayfabe is alive and well, people.

Look, they've clearly said "Hey, Christian. With Edge retiring, we thought about a good feelgood angle for the next PPV with you winning the vacant title against Del Rio. For a start, we want to build up Del Rio's title pursuits until he finally wins a world title and plus it will be a nice way of you celebrating your broth...err your friends' career. However, because we don't see you as World Champion material, you will be dropping the title a couple of days later to an already established main eventer. How does that sound?"

Would Christian turn around and say "Fuck this, I'm calling TNA and teaming with Matt Hardy"? No, surely he was thinking 'fairplay, one day I can tell my grandkids that I was a proper world champion'. Get a grip, interstrawbs.

This whole use of the word 'clearly' is utter nonsense, you can't speak about this move in such a matter of factly way.

Fact is, people are disappointed. Not everyone - but enough to make this an 8 page thread, and for Joey Styles and Randy Orton to acknowledge it on Twitter.

People being disappointed that a wrestler they like has dropped the title so soon isn't all that different to people not feeling happy with the use of a character they like in a drama or sitcom, or the outcome of a film. It's fiction also, but with the wrong twist or turn then certain people might not like the direction of the story. Doesn't mean 'kayfaybe is alive and well', as you say - it means people have emotionally invested in something or someone, which is kinda the point when you watch TV - you don't wanna feel apathetic.

But at the same time, you don't wanna feel cheated at an outcome, or disappointed at a plot turn. And people seem to be disappointed at THIS plot turn. I'll admit I am, I'd like to have seen the guy get a chance to run with the belt till at least the next PPV.

Gutted, absolutely gutted, the only good that can come out of this is if Christian or Orton turn heel, preferably I'd like Orton to turn heel and Christian to chase after the Title. The only thing is I thought the point of bringing the draft forward was due to Edge not being able to wrestle anymore and Smackdown were a bit down on top faces yet after the draft they look even weaker than they were before it, if Orton does turn heel the top face would be Christian or possibly Kane who were on Smackdown anyway and if Orton stays face the top heel would be Sheamus or Barrett, Barrett who was on there anyway and Sheamus who I'd say is about the same level Del Rio was anyway.

If they are going for a Christian and Orton feud for the Title I think Orton would be the one to turn anyway, his whole face role for me has gotten a bit stale now and I hope the bit of stubble is signaling a heel turn, as sometimes stubble is a bit of a heelish sign (eg. Justin Gabriel and so on). I think it'd make more sense for the fans to get behind Christian now after Edge's retirement and Christian being the underdog and only holding the Title for a few days. Orton on the other hand just beat Christian for the Title day's after his first Title win and I hope he did it in a heelish way as he would be the more dominant one, being a former Champion and the danger of his punt and the sudden impact of the RKO and I think it's always fun and more interesting to have the face as the underdog as when/if they finally defeat the dominant heel it feels and looks amazing.

The fact I hope this happens though probably means that it won't.

• Moderators

That sounds far too much like common sense to me. Shameful.

Though i'd have liked to see Christian hold onto the title for at least a few weeks, I knew the title reign was going to be short so it's not a massive surprise. I do think it's a bit ridiculous to happen this fast though.

I'm more bothered about having SuperCena on RAW & SuperOrton on Smackdown now and feeling incredibly bored about the whole WWE main event scene more than Christian losing the title to be honest.

Before anyone says anything, i'm not a Cena hater, what annoys me about him is like on RAW. He was hit with the title, the briefcase, given a Skull Crushing Finale, was pinned and 30 seconds later he's throwing Miz & A-Ri around and not acting hurt.. at all. He did the same on the draft week as well, albeit with less punishment.

Orton, he just bores me completely. Cena's promos can entertain me, Cena's matches can entertain me even if I don't like the outcomes. Orton just bores me all round.

However, alot of people like him so I can see why they've done it. I just can't say I like it.

Archived