Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

• Awards Moderator
It was an alright show I thought, Sin Cara looked great. Hopefully he is not stuck feuding with Chavo Guerrero though, that's not gonna get him anywhere.

It'll do wonders for helping him fully adapt to the WWE style, though, and Chavo's been relatively ignored for years so it'd be nice to give him a chance to do some stuff again.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is Layla now a face. I ask cos when she appeared for her match she was booed but when she won she was cheered. Also is Kharma a face or a heel

Not going to look through all the previous pages, but I am not happy that Christian appears to have dropped the title, due to the fact WWE has a film starring Randy Orton due out soon.

Yes, just like John Cena dropped the title to Kane when Kane's film came out, or like Ted DiBiase's world title run to coincide with the release of The Marine 2. Fucksake.

If you have followed the WWE financial results for the year, you would have seen WWE films has lost loads of money, but they plan on continuing to make and release them.

In one of the videos I saw online, Vince even mentions how Randy has a film coming out and that they need to promote it, so expect Randy to hold the title till after the films release.

If you have followed the WWE financial results for the year, you would have seen WWE films has lost loads of money, but they plan on continuing to make and release them.

Okay.

In one of the videos I saw online, Vince even mentions how Randy has a film coming out and that they need to promote it,

Yes, just as Kane and Ted DiBiase had films coming out and they needed to promote them. It's got nothing to do with who the world champion is. It must be the highest form of idiocy to suggest that megapushed, fifty-time world champion Randy Orton only won a title because he's got a small role in a WWE film that's coming out. They probably only stayed on Christian for ages at the end of Smackdown because someone forgot to cut to the trailer for the movie.

so expect Randy to hold the title till after the films release.

I don't even know what you're on about now. The film came out over a week ago. He won the title after the film's release. But yeah, I'm sure if this film wasn't out, Randy Orton would never have a world title reign, and if he holds it for more than the next two weeks it's definitely only because of the film. Bastard WWE films. Christian would've been champion until WrestleMania if it wasn't for this film.

• Paid Members
It'll do wonders for helping him fully adapt to the WWE style, though, and Chavo's been relatively ignored for years so it'd be nice to give him a chance to do some stuff again.

Bob on. As pointed out in FSM, Chavo was the guy assigned to Rey Rey to ease him into how a WWE match is constructed as opposed to how Lucha works, or WcW's mentality which was likely "here's how much time you've got, do what the fuck you want."

You're right, Chavo has been ignored considering his not inconsiderable talent at various aspects of the performances. Some of his expressions from the stage I noticed while accidentally watching NXT this week were brilliant. I am very happy to embrace Chavo in a Regalesque "unsung hero" role. They nicely balance out Maryse being useless at anything other than "being fit."

Personally I can't stand Sin Cara and hope that he gets fucked off soon, but it doesnt seem likely. Little shit.

How come?

I don't mind him. He hasn't quite uncorked some of his more mindblowing stuff (other than Shiranui Kai, obviously) but he's something "a bit different" compared to the rest of his roster, and his stuff doesn't like half as contrived/shite as Misterio's 619-oriented bollocks and shite splash. Little shit.

Also the good thing about using Chavo is he's actually been ignored rather than been jobbed out, so whilst the majority of the WWE crowds won't have seen much of him, he isnt associated with being a jobber either so with the right tweaks and stuff he can be presented as a threat to Sin Cara.

Personally I can't stand Sin Cara and hope that he gets fucked off soon, but it doesnt seem likely. Little shit.

• Paid Members
Stupid mood lighting, I think Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd was Sin's best match so far!

To be honest, I never really noticed it.

That's what made it his best match so far. There were no glaring "OOPS!" moments.

I think Simmons meant that he never really noticed the "mood lighting"....

Stupid mood lighting, I think Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd was Sin's best match so far!

To be honest, I never really noticed it.

That's what made it his best match so far. There were no glaring "OOPS!" moments.

I think Simmons meant that he never really noticed the "mood lighting"....

I think it's hideous. Ok its blue and yellow when it's projected from the lights, but by the point where it reached the ring, it's just a dull, murky shade of whatever. It's effect isn't too dissimilar to inferno/lights out matches, and for me, Sin Cara's the type of character they should really be trying to make as bright and colourful as possible. hopefully it's just a novelty and lasts about as long as Kane's.

I'm a bit surprised that he is still pretty popular when all he's really shown is his moves. Go back 11 years and Essa Rios was doing the same thing to utter silence, and he didn't have a mask to supposedly hold him back. I guess it just shows how important promotion of characters is.

Sin Cara/Chavo should be a good little mini feud. Shame there's not a light-heavyweight division around just now for Sin Cara to establish himself in, and work with guys who have had loads of experience in the indies of being a base/catcher for small, lucha-inspired guys. Guys like Jamie Knoble, Kaval, Little Guido, Tajiri, Mexicools etc would be ideal just now.

It was an alright show I thought, Sin Cara looked great. Hopefully he is not stuck feuding with Chavo Guerrero though, that's not gonna get him anywhere.

Exactly, this is the best first (proper) feud that WWE could've put Sin Cara in. Chavo knows both the lucha & WWE style of wrestling, not to mention communication will be easier with them both able to speak Spanish - all of which will help Cara out to no end.

I'm not the biggest fan of Chavo but he can put on a good match and is the ideal opponent for Sin Cara.

I want to be in the indignant, but the way Christian looked in the opening segment is why he'll never be given the ball full time. How on earth do you look skinnier in a suit jacket...?!

Anyway, everyone feels sorry for Christian, but I feel more sorry for Khali and Henry who were sent out there due to the apathy they inspire from the crowd, just to make sure even the worst kind of smark crowd couldn't fail to endorse Orton.

Just to go back to the Kharma/Fox injury issue.

From watching it, I don't think Kharma can be held responsible too much.

I'm feeling smug. ;)

Seriously though, it looked devastating. If indeed Alicia did dislocate her shoulder on the bump it must have been agony for her to be held upside down by Kharma before the Implant Buster.

Enjoyed SmackDown this week. Especially felt the closing moments of Orton/Christian were very good.

• Paid Members
I'm feeling smug. ;)

Why's that? The whole argument was about me saying you cant judge if someones injured without seeing the footage. I never said it WAS her fault. You said it couldnt be her fault, based on an internet report. I never said it was Kong's fault. As much as its hard to believe, I actually quite like Awesome Kong, so I'm hoping she wont get blamed for this.

Archived