Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

History with Christian suggests that this isn't just some grand plan for him to turn heel and chase Orton's title in the main feud of Smackdown. The first time he was at the cusp of the main event, 2005. He had been delivering the best work of his career and getting the best reactions of his career in a slow burn feud with John Cena. Fast forward to Vengeance, and Cena vs Christian is set for the WWE title. But wait, Christian isn't trusted as a major threat to the title, so Jericho gets lazily slotted in to make a triple threat. Christian loses, gets drafted, ends up in a throw together match at GAB vs Booker T, which he loses again, and a month after that he's jobbing to the Mexicools.

Then to Captain Charisma's return in 2009. Rather than debut him as the mystery attacker of Jeff Hardy in the Smackdown main event scene, they awkwardly slot Matt Hardy in his place and debut him on the C brand, ECW. Despite that, reaction to Christian was huge in the MITB match, with one of the biggest pops of the night coming from the tease of Christian winning, only for the crowd to deflate when top face CM Punk needlessly won for the second time. Back to ECW for CC.

And now we have this situation. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Christian will stay as a main eventer, based on past history. Ah well, we have a riveting few months of Orton vs Henry to look forward to...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even better is Ortons response lol

RandyOrton Randy Orton

Biggest change from Raw to Smackdown...Ignorance x Jealousy + Spoilers = entertaining tweets!! Keep em coming!!

• Paid Members
History with Christian suggests that this isn't just some grand plan for him to turn heel and chase Orton's title in the main feud of Smackdown. The first time he was at the cusp of the main event, 2005. He had been delivering the best work of his career and getting the best reactions of his career in a slow burn feud with John Cena. Fast forward to Vengeance, and Cena vs Christian is set for the WWE title. But wait, Christian isn't trusted as a major threat to the title, so Jericho gets lazily slotted in to make a triple threat. Christian loses, gets drafted, ends up in a throw together match at GAB vs Booker T, which he loses again, and a month after that he's jobbing to the Mexicools.

Then to Captain Charisma's return in 2009. Rather than debut him as the mystery attacker of Jeff Hardy in the Smackdown main event scene, they awkwardly slot Matt Hardy in his place and debut him on the C brand, ECW. Despite that, reaction to Christian was huge in the MITB match, with one of the biggest pops of the night coming from the tease of Christian winning, only for the crowd to deflate when top face CM Punk needlessly won for the second time. Back to ECW for CC.

And now we have this situation. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Christian will stay as a main eventer, based on past history. Ah well, we have a riveting few months of Orton vs Henry to look forward to...

I think for christian its allways been a case of "Bad Timing", as that vengeance match you mentioned was because jericho was on the way out, and he'd asked vince to go out "On top", thus fueding for the title with Cena. So they mixed him into the fued, and of course christian lost all his momentum.

Upon his return to WWE, aparently they didnt go ahead with a planned Jeff Hardy Vs Christian thing, because it had gotten out and was all over the news sites, so they changed it to Matt Hardy. I cant remember the full orinigal idea, but was it supposed to be Edge/Jeff Vs Matt/Christian or Matt/Jeff Vs Edge/Christian at WM25? Either way, his turn to ECW may not have been as good, but he did have a cracking year.

His title run this time around was only because of edge, so him dropping it to Orton isnt really that suprising, in all honesty i expected him to loose it at the next PPV or something anyway.

So might just be "Bad timing" for him.

• Paid Members
This thread is hilarious. I cannot believe how Christian's title loss has turned the internet into crying, retarded 12 year olds. Kayfabe is alive and well, people.

Look, they've clearly said "Hey, Christian. With Edge retiring, we thought about a good feelgood angle for the next PPV with you winning the vacant title against Del Rio. For a start, we want to build up Del Rio's title pursuits until he finally wins a world title and plus it will be a nice way of you celebrating your broth...err your friends' career. However, because we don't see you as World Champion material, you will be dropping the title a couple of days later to an already established main eventer. How does that sound?"

Would Christian turn around and say "Fuck this, I'm calling TNA and teaming with Matt Hardy"? No, surely he was thinking 'fairplay, one day I can tell my grandkids that I was a proper world champion'. Get a grip, interstrawbs.

That sounds far too much like common sense to me. Shameful.

Common sense? You honestly think WWE would have the poor man-management skills to say to an employee "we don't see you as World Champion material"? That's ridiculous, "let's throw the World title on this veteran, then completely take the moment away from him by telling him we don't believe in him..."

• Paid Members
This thread is hilarious. I cannot believe how Christian's title loss has turned the internet into crying, retarded 12 year olds. Kayfabe is alive and well, people.

Look, they've clearly said "Hey, Christian. With Edge retiring, we thought about a good feelgood angle for the next PPV with you winning the vacant title against Del Rio. For a start, we want to build up Del Rio's title pursuits until he finally wins a world title and plus it will be a nice way of you celebrating your broth...err your friends' career. However, because we don't see you as World Champion material, you will be dropping the title a couple of days later to an already established main eventer. How does that sound?"

Would Christian turn around and say "Fuck this, I'm calling TNA and teaming with Matt Hardy"? No, surely he was thinking 'fairplay, one day I can tell my grandkids that I was a proper world champion'. Get a grip, interstrawbs.

Common sense? You honestly think WWE would have the poor man-management skills to say to an employee "we don't see you as World Champion material"? That's ridiculous, "let's throw the World title on this veteran, then completely take the moment away from him by telling him we don't believe in him..."

It might not be relevent, but you'd be suprised what the management tell the wrestlers. Aparently (According to a Road dogg shoot interview i believe) Dogg mentioned that when Jim Ross was the Talent relations guy, when the first signed K-Kwik Good Ole JR told him not to expect a huge push, as "This was a White mans game". He tried to cover it back explaining how he though basketball (for example) was "A black mans game", WWE was the other way round.

Dogg went down to the office when he heard this and bollocked JR, who apologised. Not sure how true that is, but if they would say that to the talent, i wouldnt be suprised if they would tell you your standing in the card.

• Paid Members

It might not be relevent, but you'd be suprised what the management tell the wrestlers. Aparently (According to a Road dogg shoot interview i believe) Dogg mentioned that when Jim Ross was the Talent relations guy, when the first signed K-Kwik Good Ole JR told him not to expect a huge push, as "This was a White mans game". He tried to cover it back explaining how he though basketball (for example) was "A black mans game", WWE was the other way round.

Dogg went down to the office when he heard this and bollocked JR, who apologised. Not sure how true that is, but if they would say that to the talent, i wouldnt be suprised if they would tell you your standing in the card.

Surely Dogg's talking crap here though - The Rock was one of the biggest stars in the company then, and D'Lo Brown, Faarooq and Mark Henry had all been given decent pushes at various points up till then. I mean, it might be true, but it's one of those things I struggle to believe. They might have said to Christian we want you to drop the title at the next taping - but I doubt they told him "we don't think you're championship material". However, after listening to some of the podcasts with Dave Lagana and other former creative team members, it wouldn't shock me at all if THEY didn't even know they were gonna put the title on Orton at the next set of tapings...

I'd bet my life Christian didn't know he was losing the title immediately after winning it. Nor did Edge, I bet.

Their faces at the PPV didn't tell a story of 'well, 2 days left' and I've seen enough of both of them to know that whilst they both may be good, they're not that good as actors.

• Paid Members
http://twitter.com/#!/Eric___Calcara_

The anger of this man makes it all worth it.

And, if you read through it he's always angry; he accuses Orton of being the next Benoit, banging his daughter, says he wants him dead, he wants a referee dead. All good stuff.

That guy is a complete idiot. Why would Orton refuse to become champion and his other remarks are childish and stupid.

Randy Orton is a main event star and can carry a company or show. He has done far more than Christian has ever done and although I find him mostly boring as a face he is still a lot more believable than Christian as champion. Christian knows WWE don't see him as a main event player, he left to go to TNA to become a big star as WWE have never seen him that way. He came back for money. Vince would have never said to him now you have been on TNA a show that can't even get half our ratings and been their top guy come be my top guy. He is an ok worker he doesn't really have a great look and Randy Orton is easily a bigger star.

Also, people saying oh Henry vs. Orton blah, blah. Who says it is going to be Henry vs. Orton you have Cody, Ted, Sheamus, Jackson, Barrett; a few of them are not ready but are all possible feuds for Orton to have. Christian will be used to improve these guys lower on the card which he will do a great job allowing Orton to carry the show.

The only thing that bugs me about the whole situation is where the fuck was C.M Punk having stopped Orton on a number of occasions from being champion and saying to him Orton you will never be champion as long as I am around. Did he just mean you won't be champion unless you go to another show and win it then I have no power to stop you?

Gutted, absolutely gutted

My sentiments too. First proper mark-out moment in about a year... and it ends with it's oh-so depressingly predictable conclusion.

I really thought he would have three SD matches (no clean wins) and then drop it on the first PPV.

As a full-on mark for Christian, what's happened is beyond shit.

And this follows what I found toi be the shittest RAW in months too.

Terrible week for WWE this. :(

Gutted, absolutely gutted

Terrible week for WWE this. :(

Too right, apparently Alicia Fox was injured by Kharma at the tapings. How will the Divas division cope!!!

You can just tell what a idiot this guy is just from this tweet

@IAmJericho @JimNorton That's because Bin Laden is not really dead. It's just a scam by Obama to get himself re-elected.

• Paid Members
You can just tell what a idiot this guy is just from this tweet

@IAmJericho @JimNorton That's because Bin Laden is not really dead. It's just a scam by Obama to get himself re-elected.

Duane?

Archived