Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

Edge probably went to vince and said " look Vince I dont call in many favours but when I go will you put the strap on my boy" and Vince did. maybe Edge should have mentioned how long he wanted it on him for lol.

Not a fan of Christian. Always looked like he was punching above his weight since he came back to WWE and wouldnt be surprised if he is back in the mid card pack.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Was this a case of "taking the belt off Christian!" or was it more of a case of then drafting Alberto to Raw and needing a stop gap SmackDown champion because they didnt want Alberto to win it at Extreme Rules and have two champions on Raw? This might have been the plan all alone, and they might be still going with turning Christian heel, so its not the end of the world. It doesnt bother me, because Orton probably is the better man to hold the belt (as boring as a lot of us find him, the bloke is massively over) and he has a film out.

• Paid Members
I hope I'm wrong, but you're striking me as the kind of poster who defends absolutely everything the WWE does in an aggressive - but articulate - manner just for the sake of it.

Firstly, you can't say there's 'clearly' a big storyline arc on the go here. As you say, people haven't seen this week's show, let alone next, so any criticism you're throwing at people for pre-judging can surely be thrown at you?

Look, even if there is some storyline arc on the go here chances are there was another way to arrive at it rather than throw the belt on Orton on his Smackdown debut. I don't know why they didn't go' with an experimental run with Christian just to see how his things went. It didn't have to be a long term thing, but to rip the belt off the guy straight away is a bit of a shame.

As for Kofi, plenty people bought into him - the reactions he was getting from the live audience pretty much shows that what you're saying is a load of nonsense

What I'm saying is don't throw your toys out the pram going 'They've taken the title off Christian after 2 days for NO REASON' when it's highly likely there is a furthering of Christian's story to come. From a personal perspective I don't see Christian as a WHC anyway, so I'm not really that bothered what they do with him, but people are acting like he's been dumped out the Main Event straight away by having the title taken off him so quickly. These things don't happen for no reason.

To be fair in WWE sometimes they do. I'm not convinced the move is for the best, and frankly I'm a little disappointed a wrestler I quite like has had such a short title run. Randy Orton was probably best served chasing a heel Christian, Sheamus or Wade Barrett for the title.

Aside from what's happened, the constant title changes in WWE have made it harder to give a toss about them.

Still, as I've said it DOES look like an enjoyable show, although I'm not convinced about it's conclusion.

• Paid Members

Randy Orton was sent over to Smackdown to be the face of the brand, they haven't had a great top guy on there since Hardy left. The sooner they get the belt on him, the sooner they can start building the show around him. It's not as if he needs some grand chase built up or anything. Should it happen, a Christian heel turn and feud with Orton could be the making of him, as a face his reactons were/are nowhere near Ortons level. You need to put the belt on your biggest star, it's simple booking, needed post-draft when the show needs to find direction.

I think I'll be recording SD from now on, looks another good show all round this week.

Personally, I'd much rather see Christian as an upper-midcard heel than a face world champion, so if this is for that greater good, then so be it.

For those who don't see Christian as anything more than a generic midcarder, how much of his 2005 heel work or his TNA run did you see? True, he's nothing spectacular in terms of his look or his matches, but as a mic worker his delivery is better than the vast majority in the WWE, bar the likes of Cena, Del Rio and CM Punk. That seems especially important now, when Miz has made it to a Wrestlemania main event on the strength of his mic work alone. I think the most important strength he has is that his delivery is very natural, especially as a heel - that's a valuable skill when half the roster make it sound like they're reading autocue, Orton himself included. Considering how wooden babyface Orton is, he'll need a charismatic opponent like Christian to carry him through the duelling promos, so I truly hope that's where this is heading.

He also clearly has a sizable following among 'old-school' WWF fans, and as the resurgence in interest during Rock's return has shown, that floating audience is still a lot more abundant than many like to pretend.

• Paid Members

I'm not so much bothered that Christian lost it but that WWE have yet again failed to capitalize on creating a solid draw/main eventer. Say what you want but fans are really into Christian just now, he has more momentum than almost anybody they have decided to semi-push in recent times and this loss not only kills his momentum but is another bullet in fans getting behind a wrestler WWE pushs.

Also Randy Orton is such a dull/stale character just now. Yes he's over, but that has more to do with WWE constantly protecting him and treating him like a big deal (also CM Punk deserves a bit of credit for somewhat reviving his babyface run after Orton spent months having shit feuds).

The only saving grace is if they turn one of them and have a program. It's daft either way to turn one of them, because the fans are behind Christian thanks to Edge and Randy Orton is the number two babyface.

probably not good for kharma as well

Maybe she doesnt know how to work? Third appearance in and he's taken food from a fellow entertainers mouth? Doesnt sound good.

have to wait and see i suppose but accidents happen

Maybe its Kharma for her sister injuring that lass on Tough Enough

sorry

I have little faith that Christian's loss is building to anything of any note for him. Far more likely its back down to the midcard next week and his title run is forgotten about.

Archived