Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://twitter.com/#!/Eric___Calcara_

The anger of this man makes it all worth it.

And, if you read through it he's always angry; he accuses Orton of being the next Benoit, banging his daughter, says he wants him dead, he wants a referee dead. All good stuff.

Wow what a guy I may follow him just for amusement.

• Paid Members

You know what? I'm not half as bothered as I should be given how much I marked out when Christian won. In a way, I've had reservations the whole time about the reign that would follow the potential big win. I really didn't want to see Christian portrayed the way I assumed they would portray him - a Benoitesque reign where his defences play second fiddle to whatever Orton is doing. I'm starting to see this switch as somewhat of a mercy kill, if that makes sense.

There are a handful of other examples where the winning the title mattered so much more than the run - Luger winning the title from Hollywood Hogan on Nitro, Homicide winning the ROH title, Tommy Dreamer winning the (real) EcW title. 'Cide's reign was rubbish, Flexy and Dreamer didnt even get to defend successfully. But they were corking moments.

Maybe Christian will get another reign?

Maybe not.

Randy Orton is my hero :love:

You're my fucking hero.

And, if you read through it he's always angry; he accuses Orton of being the next Benoit, banging his daughter, says he wants him dead, he wants a referee dead. All good stuff.

Ive been reading his tweets, surely he has special needs or he's just taking the piss.

Gutted, absolutely gutted

Terrible week for WWE this. :(

Too right, apparently Alicia Fox was injured by Kharma at the tapings. How will the Divas division cope!!!

In the same way it's always done... by using half-decent looking girls with little-to-no-talent in shit matches and pathetic skits.

Just Like That

*cooper hands*

10,000 Icon points to the person who can get him signed up and posting here.

EDIT: But at least he's not this guy: http://twitter.com/#!/live2winforever

This thread is hilarious. I cannot believe how Christian's title loss has turned the internet into crying, retarded 12 year olds. Kayfabe is alive and well, people.

Would Christian turn around and say "Fuck this, I'm calling TNA and teaming with Matt Hardy"? No, surely he was thinking 'fairplay, one day I can tell my grandkids that I was a proper world champion'. Get a grip, interstrawbs.

Excellently put. I'm no more interested in another Randy Orton title reign than anyone else, but it's definitely worth it for the sake of upsetting the typicals. I like Orton's replies on Twitter to the bellends crying about it as well.

Then to Captain Charisma's return in 2009. Rather than debut him as the mystery attacker of Jeff Hardy in the Smackdown main event scene, they awkwardly slot Matt Hardy in his place

Which made at least as much sense as Christian being the attacker would have.

and debut him on the C brand, ECW.

He certainly looked the part for the C brand. I don't know if something happened to him while he was in TNA, but for some reason, Christian turned up in 2009 looking like a skinny OAP.

Smackdown:

Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd was good. Chavo's commentary was funny as well. After Sin Cara finished Kidd with the flipping Rock Bottom off the top rope: "Who did that hurt more, Kidd or Sin Cara?" Which is A) a stupid thing to say given Cara was celebrating his win and not hurt at all, whilst Kidd was dead; and B) a bit business-exposing because it is a stupid fucking move that looks like it'd destroy the attacker as much as the recipient.

Bryan vs Sheamus was good as well, but they both seem fairly directionless. The match was about nothing, and leads to nothing except maybe more rematches, which does nobody any favours. Sin Cara can get away with the heatless matches because he's new and establishing himself, and perhaps the same is true of everyone post-draft, but still, the show was a bit weak on story.

The story development with The Corre was alright. They've been pretty crap since forming, perhaps the breakup with Zeke will give Barrett, Gabriel and Slater some momentum again.

10,000 Icon points to the person who can get him signed up and posting here.

EDIT: But at least he's not this guy: http://twitter.com/#!/live2winforever

that guy is total love knife material

• Paid Members
Smackdown:

Sin Cara vs Tyson Kidd was good. Chavo's commentary was funny as well. After Sin Cara finished Kidd with the flipping Rock Bottom off the top rope: "Who did that hurt more, Kidd or Sin Cara?" Which is A) a stupid thing to say given Cara was celebrating his win and not hurt at all, whilst Kidd was dead; and B) a bit business-exposing because it is a stupid fucking move that looks like it'd destroy the attacker as much as the recipient.

Bryan vs Sheamus was good as well, but they both seem fairly directionless. The match was about nothing, and leads to nothing except maybe more rematches, which does nobody any favours. Sin Cara can get away with the heatless matches because he's new and establishing himself, and perhaps the same is true of everyone post-draft, but still, the show was a bit weak on story.

The story development with The Corre was alright. They've been pretty crap since forming, perhaps the breakup with Zeke will give Barrett, Gabriel and Slater some momentum again.

How was Christian vs Orton?. Amidst all my reveling in IWC tears I've forgot how much I'm looking forward to it. Should be a good'un.

It was fine. Didn't particularly impress me, but it wasn't boring. I'm not that into either of them or the magnitude of the match, plus the size of this thread gave away the result. If you're looking forward to it and you don't care that you already know who wins, you'll enjoy it, I'd say.

Archived