iamtheman

Cant be arsed to post full results so i'll just post the main event result

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Randy Orton beats Christian for the world title

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

full show results

SmackDown:

* World Heavyweight Champion Christian comes out to open the show. He cuts a promo about winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. This leads to Mark Henry, The Great Khali and Randy Orton coming out. Teddy Long comes out and says he's going to leave it up to the fans to decide who Christian faces tonight. The crowd goes with Christian vs. Orton.

* Backstage, The Great Khali is shown talking to Jinder Mahal.

* Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan. Winner via Brogue Kick, Sheamus.

* Backstage, Layla is shown talking to other Divas.

* Cody Rhodes comes out with two guys wearing suits. The two guys pass out the paper bags to fans in the front row. Rhodes cuts a promo but doesn't work a match.

* Big Show vs. Ezekiel Jackson. Kane comes out during the match. Jackson wins with a clothesline after outside interference from The Corre. Kane was taken out prior to the finish.

* Layla b. Alicia Fox. Kharma makes her way down to the ring. Fox is destroyed with an Implant Buster.

* Backstage, dissension with Ezekiel Jackson and The Corre continues. A brawl erupts.

* Sin Cara vs. Tyson Kidd with Chavo Guerrero on commentary. Cara goes over with the Spanish Fly he's been using.

* Backstage, Teddy Long discusses Christian vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship later tonight.

Cant find the words at the moment for this complete bullshit

shouldnt be surprised

CENA WWE Champ

ORTON World Champ

Same Old Shit

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

shouldnt be surprised

CENA WWE Champ

ORTON World Champ

Same Old Shit

Stop watching it then. Orton didn't go there to do 20 minute matches in the midcard. He was obviously going to end up with it sooner rather than later.

Who cares really. Christian wasn't even meant to be in the ladder match in the first place so he's lucky he's got a reign in the first place. Hopefully this could kick start a Christian heel turn, which is probably a bit un-neccesary as with a bit of work, The Corre could be a legitimate threat to the champion (with Ezekiel & Wade both looking like viable challengers at any one time while Gabriel & Slater could provide the good TV matches in between) and Sheamus is always there on tap.

Thing is, Orton was always going to take the belt as he's the main guy - Christian vs Mark Henry is not World Heavyweight Title material and I'd hate to see the belt take a backseat while an Orton vs Sheamus feud or whatever takes the spotlight. Put the belt on Orton and have Christian and Kane be the guys to bump up your Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry as being worthy challengers. All the while, you've got Sin Cara bubbling under waiting to be your next top star.

They need more midcard faces though. They've pretty much killed them all - a lot of them seem to be jobbers (JTG, Bryan, Baretta) or completely stuck in a rut (Kane, Khali). Sin Cara's only going to succeed at this rate as he's the only face with any momentum.

It's a bit of a joke really. The crowd were obviously well into Christian's win, so why not give him a chance to see what he can do with it? If the plan was always to have Randy end up with the title, why not have Del Rio win the title, then have a month of Randy making his life hell on Raw, saying he wants the title back for Smackdown then taking it from him at Over the Limit?

• Paid Members

shouldnt be surprised

CENA WWE Champ

ORTON World Champ

Same Old Shit

Stop watching it then. Orton didn't go there to do 20 minute matches in the midcard. He was obviously going to end up with it sooner rather than later.

Yes, but why not give Christian till at least the upcoming PPV?

The show sounds pretty good, but I'm also disappointed Christian lost the belt so soon. His title win was the first mark out title win for me in a while, and I'm disappointed they didn't even give him a short run with the title to see how it was received. I'm hoping it'll lead to a heel turn, and a heelish re-win of the title, hopefully with a title chase by Orton leading to Summerslam.

shouldnt be surprised

CENA WWE Champ

ORTON World Champ

Same Old Shit

Yes, but why not give Christian till at least the upcoming PPV?

The show sounds pretty good, but I'm also disappointed Christian lost the belt so soon. His title win was the first mark out title win for me in a while, and I'm disappointed they didn't even give him a short run with the title to see how it was received. I'm hoping it'll lead to a heel turn, and a heelish re-win of the title, hopefully with a title chase by Orton leading to Summerslam.

They're crying out for new stars and this is how they go about trying to achieve it?

I understand they want the top face on the brand to be champ but this is such a counterproductive move so soon after his title win. Done just to put Christian in his place as a mid card guy.

Well done WWE obviously you're absolutely determined for all your stars to disappear/retire before actually pushing someone new into the main event picture. An absolute shambles.

SAME OLD SHIT!!!

Marked out hard for the Christian title win and for him to hold it for 2 days is a joke. At least PPV to PPV would have been OK. He'll end up like Swagger and Ziggler where they never refer to them as Former World Champions.

I'm never one to usually bitch and moan but this is utter utter shit.

I'll just keep these images forever in my mind.

vlcsnap-409711.png

vlcsnap-410876.png

This way we want to see Christian win at again, more and more.

Good job, WWE. Christian knows he can do it, so he is gonna do his all to get it back.

Nice way to make Christian a credible and interesting main eventer i.m.o.

Nice example of "reverse psychology"

I can't believe this. They finally give Christian the ball to run with, and it's like they tripped him over flat on his face as soon as he started. They could have at least given him a few months with the belt, and built a big feud with him and Orton. It's not like they have alot of fresh PPV main events that they are likely to use, and they've gone and thrown away what could have been this decent babyface Vs babyface feud that could have stretched out until July or so. Why even tease having the guy in the tutu the night before being in a World Heavyweight Title match? All I can think of now, is giving Sheamus another push, which they clearly have a problem with doing.

Archived