Smackdown Spoilers

iamtheman

• Paid Members

I'm not a huge fan of Christian, and as a face I couldn't buy into him as champ. Certainly not as much as I could have when he was a heel 5 year ago. But with persistence and the right build up, WWE made me buy into him. His long, difficult journey, redemption for his retired best friend who's place he took in the match, the little long running battle between himself and Del Rio with wins under both belts. Then they have him lose the next show he's on.

Absolute load of shit. Randy Orton is dull as fuck whether he's champion or not. At least give Christian a chance.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please let Chrisitan chase the title and win it back. Or turn heel. I not really a fan of Christian as a face.

Hold on here, what was all that shite and fuss you brought up two weeks ago then about you not doing spoilers?

JBL got almost a year long reign but christian doesnt even get a week. Thats stupid.

Yes, because those two situations are of course intrinsically linked.

Stop being such babies the lot of you, there's clearly a story to be told by Christian losing the WHC so quickly, so why not sit back and enjoy it rather than throwing your toys out of the pram because a perennial mid-carder got his belt given to a perennial main-eventer.

I mean seriously, what did you think Randy Orton went to Smackdown to do? Fight Dolph Ziggler for 15 minutes every week?

Yokozuna got almost a year long reign but christian doesnt even get a week.

Did you see how long The Fabulous Moolah held the title? The didn't even give Christian a week.

My mates been on the dole for 2 years and christian didnt even get a week.

JBL got almost a year long reign but christian doesnt even get a week. Thats stupid.

Stop being such babies the lot of you, there's clearly a story to be told by Christian losing the WHC so quickly, so why not sit back and enjoy it rather than throwing your toys out of the pram because a perennial mid-carder got his belt given to a perennial main-eventer.

I mean seriously, what did you think Randy Orton went to Smackdown to do? Fight Dolph Ziggler for 15 minutes every week?

Go back and read what people have said. Most understand why Orton would/should be champion as he is the top face on the brand. But to lose it the same week he won it when you are trying to raise new guys into the main event picture? That sound like a good idea to you?!

Go back and read what people have said. Most understand why Orton would/should be champion as he is the top face on the brand. But to lose it the same week he won it when you are trying to raise new guys into the main event picture? That sound like a good idea to you?!

Agree. I never expected christain to have a long reign....but so soon is ridiculous. Christain wining the championship was the feel good moment of the year. At least give him an episode where he does the peep show as champion. whould have been good tv.

Go back and read what I said. There's clearly a story to be told, and we're only half-way through it. People's reaction to the top faces getting the belts never ceases to amaze me.

Plus, the opening segment proved for me why Christian should have never been given a token run in the first place. Do any of us really believe he'd be able to beat Mark Henry, Khali or Orton in a fair fight?

Just turn him heel and have done with it.

How many times does the WWE say that we need to create new stars? How many times have the fans invested emotion into an up-and-comer only to see him chopped off at the knees (Kofi Kingston for instance).

You think theres a story to be told! I bet you an pound to a penny that this decsion to put the title on Orton was made at the last minute. There is no great story line arc, because that's not how they book!

Christain was someone who the fans could have got behind. He probably would have failed, but at least give him the chance to fail! How much of a boost would it have been if he had pinned Orton cleanly! You could not have had a better start to a title rain.

Instead of trying something fresh, they just went back to their lazy booking ways because that's what requires the least amount of effort!

Oh great! Another Orton/Sheamus fued!! How fresh and exciting is that!

If anyone deserves sympathy its Alberto Del Rio imo, wins the Rumble only to be beaten by a physical wreck in the opening match at Wrestlemania and then beaten by a mid carder for the vacant Title.

Christian is probably happy he got an official Title reign that he never would have gotton under normal circumstances.

• Paid Members

I saw on the main list that the Smackdown Spoilers had 3 pages of response and my first thought was "Christian's lost the title already".

I never have and never will consider Christian a main eventer so I don't really care. It does seem a bit of a waste though, given that Edge gave him the rub and all. I would have let Christian run with the belt for a little while, then switched it onto a monster heel and have Orton chase them to Wrestlemania.

Archived