Class and Shit t-shirts

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I think I prefer this other one they're doing, if only because of the front pocket print. Could have probably used a better image for the back than what looks like two blokes having a chat.

PhotoGrid_1610991244975.jpg?auto=format&

I’ve been chatting to the designer. He has a series of shirts being designed in this style. So if this is you style, then there’s more to come. He’s apparently had mixed feedback, some love the C4 shirt, myself included, but a number of people have had a dig about them not being official.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

The Channel 4 shirt is brilliant, but gives me awful flashbacks of waiting for that exact image to disappear when coming back from advert breaks in the middle of a live PPV match.  

• Paid Members

It was even worse when they stuck it on a 50 minute tape delay so they could edit out the swearing and violence. That 2000Rumble was a less than insired debut with the bikini contest segment and the street fight.

• Paid Members

For the sub-category of UK wrestling fans at the turn of the millennia who didn't have Sky, the 2000 Royal Rumble on Channel 4 was a mind-blowing experience.

Going from having to rely on months old VHS releases, or if lucky having a mate lend the odd recording of WWF on Sky, to getting the second biggest PPV of the year LIVE on C4 seemed too good to be true.  Then when watching it, and seeing one of the most insane and defining PPV's of the attitude era...it was just an overload of excitement.  Still one of my fondest and most vivid memories as a wrestling fan.

I stuck with Heat on C4, 1am showings and all, watching every episode until it was quietly dropped end at the end of 2001.  It was the only wrestling I had on TV after the let-down of my dad buying an ITV Digital box with Sky One on, only for the signal not to be strong enough in our area, plus that same weak TV signal meant we never got Channel 5 with WCW Worldwide.

We finally got Sky in late 2002, and I still consider it one of the best days of my life.

So anyway, I'd like to get that Channel 4 shirt! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

There's an in ring picture of the Hart brothers. Early on in the Grizzly Smith episode of Dark Side of the Ring. The three of them are wearing a Capitol sweatshirt with a Tokyo suffix. Does anyone know if this design has ever been reproduced?