The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• Paid Members

Had a slightly mental thought tonight. They are moving to Salford and building a new outdoor set for the street rather than moving the old one. Not sure what the plan is for the old one, but they should simply abandon it and leave it to decay for about 10 years, then use it when they next make a post-apocalyptic drama. If they somehow managed to keep it under wraps, it would freak the fuck out of people to see a street they know so well all run down.

• Paid Members
Had a slightly mental thought tonight. They are moving to Salford and building a new outdoor set for the street rather than moving the old one. Not sure what the plan is for the old one, but they should simply abandon it and leave it to decay for about 10 years, then use it when they next make a post-apocalyptic drama. If they somehow managed to keep it under wraps, it would freak the fuck out of people to see a street they know so well all run down.

That's one of those ideas I'm going to forget was just a suggestion on a message board and will spread it as fact. They should do it for the 60th Anniversary. If he's still alive, they could bring Ken, as well as Kevin Webster, back. They will have been away long enough for their comeback to make an impact. They could even do some sort of Zombie-Nonce storyline, where they are sauntering through Weatherfield holding puppies and 10 pence mix-ups, with their eye sockets hanging out and stuff.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Jesus Christ. Think there's something in my eye.

Coronation Street has really nailed the soap. It's just untouchable for me. From some of the the saddest scenes ever to Steve McDonald doing comedy in a split second and succeeding at both.

The is going to be unbearably sad for the next few months. Corrie can hang with the best of them when it comes to creating villains but the base of it is always pretty decent human beings which is why it's going to be a right tear-jerker all the way. Eastenders couldn't do anything like this story. Not since Nana Moon. The problem they've got is that nigh-on every single character in it is a total piece of shit. I can't even watch Eastenders any more because I just hate basically every single character and they're never going to give Patrick a push at this stage of his career.

• Paid Members

If i'm honest, i probably prefer Eastenders overall, mainly because i'm a generally miserable person, so i can identify with the doom and gloom far more then i can 'colourful characters'.

That said, Stella's mum referring to Dev's kids as Asda and Aldi a few months back was fucking splendid, topped only by Karl the other week finding Craig in the Rovers beer garden and saying "Y'alright Chesney?" in the warmest, kindest, best sold way ever.

I know this upcoming shit with Hayley is going to be fucking horrible though, whoever mentioned the Nana Moon send off earlier can fuck off, i dont want to have to explain why i'm sat at the desk crying thank you very much.