The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• Moderators

Fucking WIN!

Actor and children's TV legend Derek Griffiths is to join the cast of Coronation Street next year.
The 69-year-old will play retired mechanic Freddie, a pensioner who strikes up "an unlikely friendship" with Kylie Platt.
The actor was one the the hosts of Play School and Play Away during the 1960s, '70s and '80s.
His motorbike-loving character will ride onto the Weatherfield cobbles in March.
ITV said Freddie "finds new friends and a surrogate community" on Coronation Street following the death of his wife, a client of Kylie's at the beauty salon.

Griffiths said: "I remember being a young boy and watching Violet Carson [who played Ena Sharples] on Coronation Street. She was a brilliant character that people loved to hate, and later when I became an actor and played the villain in panto many times those are qualities I would bring to the role.
"When I came for my audition one of the first things I saw was a huge photo of Violet Carson on the wall. I am very much looking forward to walking in those hallowed footsteps."
Griffiths' acting work includes two years with the Royal Shakespeare Company, West End productions Miss Saigon and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and he has recently finished filming Silent Witness.
He was also the voice of SuperTed.
Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn said: "I was utterly delighted when Derek accepted this role and I can not wait to work with him and see him on the cobbles, it really will be a happy new year!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35111054

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Its been WrestleMania week on the soaps. All their respective hard man fighting for the spot as soap headliner. Phil Mitchell destroyed lives. Smashed up the garage and the car lot. Got pissed and was nasty to everyone. Even tried to shag Sherly, that's how off his tits he was. Some great stuff from Pip. In Emmerdale, Cain Dingle met a drug dealer and his backup "Haystacks." Cain kicked this 6'7" mammoth in the guts and dropped him. Pure squash. It was class. Then he set the drug dealer up with a load of stolen goods and got him send down.

Stiff competition, but this years best performance of a nutjob went to Derek Griffiths. Who tonight "snapped" on Corrie. A bunch of rowdy youths on a stag night spilled their pint on Audrey and Ken, and Dez went off it. Told the lad he'd drop him if he didnt replace the drinks, and when the lads were at their most shit scared did the old "ahhhhhh, had you going there" to put a full stop on who the fucking man is. Ken and Audrey got their drinks, and Derek had the whole pub laughing. He even told Audrey (in relation to his motorbike, not his cock) "I'm a wild ride, baby" in an American accent. Cool as fuck. He even wore one of those black jackets with the tartan in them that the skinheads used to where. Check it out if you can.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 1 year later...