The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• Paid Members
Fairly easy to miss to be fair -- there was no mention of him for months, and then one throwaway exchange between Deirdre and Tracey that was never mentioned again.

Yeah, I meant more how did I miss Maverick's post which answered my question. I haven't seen Coronation Street for a while so I didn't know how they'd handled the Ken and Kev situations.

Look at this story in our local paper today. It's literally just an interview with a man, who may or may not be a bit simple, who once had his picture taken with Michael Le Vell about his reaction to the court verdict.

My favourite thing about it is that he's only described as 'one of Michael Le Vell's biggest fans in South Tyneside'. I'd like to know where the monthly meetings of the burgeoning South Tyneside chapter of Le Vell's Lunatics are held.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Jimi Mistry has been in Corrie for a few months now playing a personal trainer. They've been building up a storyline with him and Leanne, which culminated last night in him stepping in to save the day when the shirtless waiters failed to turn up at the bistro for a hen do.

They can't have known what sort of shape Jimi Mistry was in when they scripted the episode, though. The entire episode featured the female characters hinting about what a fantastic body he has, and then whooping and swooning when he got his shirt off like the woman in Ravishing Rick Rude's WCW theme. This, obviously, completely disregarded the embarrassing fact that he looked just like any other flabby 40-year old bloke whose only exercise is the odd kickabout in the park. When he turned up to film that scene, the Corrie writers must've felt like Hogan did when Sting turned up at Starrcade '97 looking like he'd never seen a gym or a sunbed for months.