The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

The return of Terry Duckworth has raised one interesting point in our household.

How strange is it that his casting is actually brilliant?

How did they manage to forsee that Terry would eventually begin to get the same build, overall look and appearance as well as a staggeringly wonderful closeness of accent/voice to that of Jack Duckworth so many years on?

It's crazy, it's as if he were actually Bill Tarmey's real life son. Brilliant.

Is Leanne actually supposed to be likeable? Plus it's absolute bollocks when she's giving it all the Carla stole my husband bollocks that no one turns round and says "you slept with her husband when you were a prozzie you daft bint"

I've decided no. At least Carla tries being civil, Leanne walks around all sanctimonious with a face like soured milk and then tries crying to Ken 'I can't see Simon' but the second she walks away she starts being a twat. And of course Peter's going to go for Carla, wouldn't anyone pick Carla over Leanne?

• 7 months later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry for the bump, but..

_64499957_64499949.jpg

Ex-Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel faces child sex charges

Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historical child sex offences, police have said.

The 42-year-old, who played Frank Foster in the ITV soap, faces five counts of indecent assault on a child under 16.

Mr Lancel, from Gateacre in Liverpool, was charged on Friday under his real name Andrew Watkinson.

Merseyside Police said he had been bailed to appear at South Sefton Magistrates' Court on 19 December.

Mr Lancel appeared in Coronation Street from January 2011 until March this year.

He is currently playing the lead role of Brian Epstein in Liverpool in the play Epstein: The Man Who Made The Beatles, and is scheduled to head the cast in the pantomime Sleeping Beauty at the city's Echo Arena.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20564419

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Sunita gets killed off then, probably on Sunday. Personally I'm gutted, as I've fancied her for ages. Got a massive thing for her. AND I FANCY HER AS WELL, HYUCK HYUCK! She's 46 which is fucking mental.

Mind you, hopefully this will be the beginning of Dev Alahan putting it about like it's the late 90s again, turning back into the Asian David Essex and pounding fannies all the way. Anyone else been watching the latest explosion storyline?

• Paid Members

Yeah iv'e been enjoying it, British soaps are incredibly camp and generally poorly written and acted but their a real guilty pleasure for me, suppose its a by product of having nothing going on at the minute. Sunita is indeed a fox, seems to have got better with age aswell. She's got a great pair.

• Paid Members

They missed a trick on getting Kevin Webster out of the show there. If someone would have just went "oh, Kev was having a piss when the pub went up as well". Just casually tell the audience he's dead and he wont be back. It'll save the bother of having to pretend he's not around because he's got stuff to do. There isn't enough jobbing out of characters. I remember when Emmerdale got rid of Terry, he just burned to death and we never even saw it. It was just like "oh, Terry was in there as well".

A proper double cross would be when they film 2 different endings confuse the press. If they sent the different tape in for broadcast of a character who is brutally murdered and he's sitting at home expecting to see his character go off on his honeymoon or something, that would be a bit of a shock. "I suppose that's me sacked then". Says Jason.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Ken Barlow should have been sacked after that nutty rant he gave about rape victims asking for it for sins in a previous life. You get the feeling the guy is basically untouchable now. Anybody else, lower down the Coronation Street totem pole, would have been kicked out the door for that.

• Paid Members

You have to remember the guy is 80 and has always been a complete mental though, I doubt he even realized what he was saying in the context. It's no excuse but hes reached that national treasure status where they have more to gain from him being about than not. At least he's offered a full apology.