The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

Maybe he can go under the Fishwick guise as ITV hold copyright over the Stape trademark ?

Speaking of which i've started watching again recently. Missus usually does them on SKY+ en mass and then watches the weeks worth in one sitting, proper hardcore. As a result i've been getting right back into it. I do miss Stapey though although Brian is making up for it.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members

Reg Holdsworth turned up in Emmerdale as Reg Holdsworth. I dont think ITV minds a bit of a talent exchange.

As sad as this sounds, when Eastenders and Coronation Street did a few bits together for Comic Relief, it was very much the same feeling as when the Invasion started. It was like "oh! The Indian woman's talking to the fat women from the Taxi firm!!!!!!~~"

• Paid Members
I always thought that Peter Callan from Family Affairs was ready for the big leagues. I did like it in Family Affairs when Carl "Mr Harchester" Fletcher turned up and ended up roasting Peter Callans wife with his mate.

Pete Callan was one of the best characters in any soap at the time. You feel like a workrate perv bringing up a name from Family Affairs, but he really was. Look at him. He has the eyes of a complete basketcase. He could have been the next Dirty Den if he was in a soap who's storylines didn't revovle around a bloke with MS not being able to satisfy his wife anymore or Fat Gay Clive necking down all of the food in the cupboards because he's depressed no bloke will shag him.

50503_5978244755_7075464_n.jpg

The caption that accomanpied the photo above said: "Long-term characters such as villain Pete Callan helped retain viewers." Definitely how I remembered it. He was the John Cena of the show. No matter how shit the show got, he kept the viewership to a respectable level. I remember fondly, him finding out his wife was having an affair, so during a brawl with the lad, his wife hit the guy she was cheating on to stop him strangling pete. Not that much of a blow to the head, really. In a fluster, she went to phone the ambulance. As the lad was waking up, Pete took the same object she gently tapped him with and belted him in the head with it, killing him. His wife got the blame of course. Pete got off like a good villian does.

Corrie, Emmerdale and Eastenders seemed to have just taken from the ashes of Bad Girls and The Bill in recent years. A lot the Family Affiars cast seemed to have disappeared.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Arrows on the Callan love, Ian.

Reminds me of when I did a Soap faction thread on TWCF, mine was The Oil Barons. JR Ewing was the head honcho, best heel in the business. Joan "The Freak" Ferguson was the enforcer, hard as fuck and would destroy you with a glare. Pete Callan was the Indy darling brought into the top tier and I can't remember who the fourth one was.

This was at the time of my brilliant Eastenders Championship Wrestling featuring the uber face tag team of Patrick Trueman and Jim Branning so my guess would be Nick Cotton.

• Paid Members
I always thought that Peter Callan from Family Affairs was ready for the big leagues. I did like it in Family Affairs when Carl "Mr Harchester" Fletcher turned up and ended up roasting Peter Callans wife with his mate.

xbsm2rk2luxo2kum.jpg

"There's no bullying at Family Affairs, they're really nice people"

I fucking hate Tracy. Shit character and shit actress.

EDIT: Steve's little island of hair makes me laugh.

I too hate Tracy. I just don't know how they justify her being around. She is the shittest character this side of the fucking Koala in American Dad.