The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

Yeah I don't understand why Nick is given such a big role on the show. His workrate, mic work and facials are appalling. I heard a rumour he was shagging the show creators daughter.

More chance of him shagging the show creator.

LOL :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

BUMP.

Jim McDonald moves into the armed robbery business....

The Sun Clicky......

CORRIE'S Jim McDonald is to hold up a building society in a crazed bid to win back his ex-wife Liz, TV Biz can reveal.

The desperate ex-con returns to the Street next month and hopes to get his old missus back by buying the Rovers off their son Steve.

But when all legitimate attempts to raise the funds fail the former squaddie - whose catchphrases include "So it is" - decides to stage an armed raid.

Jim, played by Charles Lawson, 51, goes into Weatherfield Building Society and tells the cashier: "I've got a gun. So if you know what's good for you, my friend, you'll fill that bag to the top with all your cash, so you will."

But things go wrong for the Ulsterman when the terrified worker presses the panic button to alert cops - and a have-a-go hero tries to bring him down in a violent tussle. In dramatic scenes to be aired at Easter, Jim makes a run for it - but finds he is blocked in by armed cops.

He holds staff and customers hostage and refuses to discuss their release until he can speak to Liz.

After police fetch the stunned landlady from the Rovers, her hapless ex, left, tells her over the phone: "I've let you down big time Elizabeth, so I have."

Jim, who left the Street in 2000 after 11 years but has featured part-time ever since, then reveals he wants to shoot himself.

As the cameras close in on his tortured face, we will be left wondering whether it really is the last time Jim sets foot on the Corrie cobbles.

So we will.