The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

• Paid Members
Was Becky ever supposed to be likeable? Genuine question.

Yeah, I think so. They tried to play her character pretty grey though, cause she was always doing something pretty horrible or scum baggy. She was meant to be this hard done by, down and out kid from the street with a bad upbringing/life/backstory who was rough and ready with cold exterior, who would do anything for survival, but has a heart of gold somewhere in her life battered frame, as shown when they paired her with little Maxie. I think.

The fact that she was feuding with mega heel Tracey Barlow, and got a happy ending when leaving the show would suggest that she was meant to be the face of that particular rivalry. Baddies in soaps don’t get happy endings when they are leaving the show.

EDIT: Also, why did you ask a question and then put “genuine question” after it? Its a real pet peeve of mine, and I can never understand why people do it. Do you ask a lot of question that aren’t genuine, and therefore need to point out one that you actually do want an answer to?

Edited by JohnnyChimpo

• Paid Members
At one point (and he may still be) William Roache was seeing our regions local weather presenter, Emma Jesson, who is nigh on 40 years his junior.

I'm not sure what region you're from, but I grew up in the East Midlands where Emma Jesson in her twenties was on TV five days a week presenting. We teenage boys were spoilt!

At one point (and he may still be) William Roache was seeing our regions local weather presenter, Emma Jesson, who is nigh on 40 years his junior.

I'm not sure what region you're from, but I grew up in the East Midlands where Emma Jesson in her twenties was on TV five days a week presenting. We teenage boys were spoilt!

I'm in the West Midlands; sadly she doesn't seem to be on as often as she used to be and tends to share the spotlight with Lucy Kite these days :(

• Moderators
As I tweeted earlier, Ken isn't on screen enough.

I hate Bill Roache. You'd think after 50+ years you;d think he'd learn how to act. His "performance" during the death of Mike Baldwin is piss funny.

And I fully expect Roache to sue me for that.

There's some great vandalism on the Norris Cole wiki -

In May 2001, Norris was caught in Jack Duckworth's bird cage, he was initially accused of fondling the pigeons, but it later emerged that he was attempting to milk the queen pigeon and so acquire mystical powers. Luckily Jack saw the funny side, and let Norris off, provided that he bought him a pint. Then in July, Norris and Emily slept together, however it was a one night stand as Emily felt guilty, as she knew Rita was in love with Norris. Another humorous mix up followed soon after when Norris was accused of being a member of Sinn Fein by Ken Barlow. However after a hilarious turn of events it was revealed that Norris had been mistaken for Gerry Adams (who had appeared on a previous episode as a special guest).
Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Read ages ago that Frank gets murdered but not seen anything recently, anyone know if its true?

Also, they need more Eva, her in a lowcut top somehow crowbarred into every scene and you're talking 20 million + viewers 5 times a week

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Yeah he does, after he rapes Sally and there's a big 'Who done it' story line. *yawn*

Edited by Kookoocachu