The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

£6.50?

It became overpriced when they started charging £3.

Yes but now it’s only half the size so it’s 2x better.

I like a physical magazine if taking a train journey down to London, or if I’m off on holiday, just in case you lose phone coverage. Mags at stations are always a rip, but I convince myself it’s part of the train fare, along with the crisps and pop. That is the only time a physical magazine is acceptable... and even then it’s not really.

• Paid Members

I used to like reading Power Slam on a train journey, but sometimes found it was such an easy read it was all done and dusted inside about 20 minutes.

• Paid Members

In their defense printing can be quite expensive without ads to support. Now days mags are either expensive or free.

For those interested SteelChair Magazine is in print too.. 

IMG_20171025_220930.jpg

We had our top 100 in the latest SteelChair Magazine. 

Print: SteelChair.co.uk

All issues free online: http://issuu.com/steelchair

On 10/25/2017 at 8:47 PM, bbabba said:

I was a big fan of Powerslam and Fin Martin's writing (I know that's not a view shared by most).  I also really like the stuff I have read from James Dixon (the 1PW book and the What Culture magazine).  However, I detest the written work of Alex Shane, and have no time either for anything associated with the Wrestletalk people like Ollie Jones and Dave Bradshaw.

My question is, how much of the magazine is written by Martin/Dixon, and how much is written by the Wrestletalk muppets?  

I'll be very tempted with a subscription if the content ratio is favourable to Martin/Dixon.

No sign of Ollie Jones (can't say I recognize that name), or Dave Bradshaw (wish I didn't recognize this name) in this issue so that's a plus. 

• Paid Members

There's a stand in the reception area at work where you can grab magazines for free, I've grabbed Esquire and Men's Health on occasion because they're not Harper's Bazaar or Good Homes. But fuck me, the sheer amount of adverts in Esquire is mental. They must outnumber actual content by 4 pages to 1.

And it's a terrible magazine, too. It's constantly trying to shame you if you don't spend £500 on a Brooks Brothers overcoat this winter or if your facial scrub costs less than a monthly phone contract. Pretentious, upper-class wannabe shite under the false pretence of guiding men to be like Connery's Bond.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Edgehead said:

No sign of Ollie Jones (can't say I recognize that name), or Dave Bradshaw (wish I didn't recognize this name) in this issue so that's a plus. 

OK cheers.  I meant Oli Jones (https://twitter.com/olidavis?lang=en), but for some reason typed the name of a lad I went to school with!

I'm going to give it a chance, took out a six issue subscription.  Have no idea how the mag can be profitable though, and wouldn't be surprised if I don't get six issues before its canned.

7 hours ago, bbabba said:

OK cheers.  I meant Oli Jones (https://twitter.com/olidavis?lang=en), but for some reason typed the name of a lad I went to school with!

I'm going to give it a chance, took out a six issue subscription.  Have no idea how the mag can be profitable though, and wouldn't be surprised if I don't get six issues before its canned.

:D Oli Davis has a contribution in the mag, discussing the Roman-Brock story arc and he visits the Wrestling Shop.

Alex Shane has a "Where are they now" section for his FWA mates and I am informed that Hade Vansen STARRED in The Mummy alongside Tom Cruise. He's done well then.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Edgehead said:

:D Oli Davis has a contribution in the mag, discussing the Roman-Brock story arc and he visits the Wrestling Shop.

Alex Shane has a "Where are they now" section for his FWA mates and I am informed that Hade Vansen STARRED in The Mummy alongside Tom Cruise. He's done well then.

That actually sounds pretty interesting. How many former FWAers does he mention?