Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 2, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2022 10 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Thought this would be of interest to quite a few of you. No Chromebook option ? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted November 2, 2022 Members Posted November 2, 2022 44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: No Chromebook option ? There never bloody is!!! Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 2, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 2, 2022 7 hours ago, SuperBacon said: There never bloody is!!! I thought Chromebooks were just Android devices made to look like laptop PC's? Quote
Merzbow Posted November 12, 2022 Posted November 12, 2022 I just finished Metal Gear Solid 3 again and it's still my favourite of the series, just the best created succinct triple A experience. I think Kojima got the balance of interesting gameplay mechanics, story and cutscene length perfect here. Moved on to Peace Walker HD and it's sorely underappreciated, held back by originally being a portable only game. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 8, 2022 Posted December 8, 2022 If you were hoping to get the new Evercade you might be out of luck, not due to selling out but because over half a million quids worth of stock was just stolen. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2022 That's awful. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2022 They'd have to leave it a while after the launch for a start. They'll just drop feed them onto eBay and other selling sites I'd imagine. In entirely unrelated news I stuck a GBA emulator on my new phone and started a Nuzlocke run of Pokémon Fire Red. It's going disastrously on that my team appears to have terrible stats. I really can't see it ending well. Quote
Guest Posted December 21, 2022 Posted December 21, 2022 Is there any consensus on the best emulators for PC these days, to play games for Sega/Nintendo 8- and 16-bit consoles? Or do they all tend to have their own pros and cons? Quote
Merzbow Posted December 22, 2022 Posted December 22, 2022 These days I mostly use RetroArch and play about with the different cores, but those old consoles were pretty much mastered years ago and emulators haven't changed. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 27, 2022 Posted December 27, 2022 Anyone get any good retro stuff for Christmas? My 7 year old daughter got a retro game boy type thing from her uncle which I'll probably steal every so often. I got two PS5 games which kinda count - Arcade Paradise and the Atari 50 collection. Looking forward to giving those a go soon hopefully. Quote
Merzbow Posted December 27, 2022 Posted December 27, 2022 Atari 50 is class, I don't even like the company but I gave it a try because of the comprehensive collection of extras detailing the history. All it's missing is a ST section, but it feels like anywhere outside of Europe forgot about that system. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted December 27, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 27, 2022 I bought myself Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Super Metroid for the SNES. Finished SNES Aladdin on Xmas eve, been playing Super Mario World and Yoshi’s Island on it. Quote
RedRooster Posted December 28, 2022 Posted December 28, 2022 I received a 32X. I’ve always wanted to play Knuckles Chaotix, but haven’t had the chance. That’s still going to be the case given how much people are selling it for on eBay, bloody hell. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2022 A cracking selection of games there. Do you prefer SNES or MegaDrive Aladdin? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted December 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2022 15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said: A cracking selection of games there. Do you prefer SNES or MegaDrive Aladdin? They’re completely different so it would be slightly unfair to compare, that being said probably SNES. They’re both an excellent representation of what their consoles had to offer though. Solid platforming on the SNES, faster paced almost arcade-like action on the MD. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.