Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

It seems that most people go with a Rasberry Pi based mod to the Arcade 1up machines. You'll be replacing the main board with the Pi.

Physically the Arcade 1up machines are a little on the small side. Especially when compared to a classical arcade machine. 

Posted

Is it a simple task to swap out the main board with a pi? I'm fairly OK with technical stuff, but if it comes to wiring and soldering then it might be beyond me. 

I've actually tried a 1up machine and didn't find it too small tbh. The one I'm looking at has an extra base it sits on, so it raises it up a couple of extra feet. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Found this interesting series about the history of Beat Em Ups it's several parts trying to go decade by decade, but he has to split the 90s in two. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

If anybody's got the Switch Online Expansion 4 new Megadrive games arrived on it today: Zero Wing, Target Earth, Megaman: The Wily Wars, and Comix Zone. 

Posted

If anyone's read that Megaman title correctly first time, we can't be friends.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He calls it the Mega Buster for a reason, gentlemen. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone got a new retro handheld this year? Seems to have been loads coming out. Lost track of what's good really.

I'm probably getting the V2 of the Miyoo Mini, a really solid handheld for less than fifty quid and does everything up to PS1. A few different teams are doing custom firmware too, so it should be updated and improved upon for a while yet.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone got a new retro handheld this year? Seems to have been loads coming out. Lost track of what's good really.

I picked up the original Evercade as its reduced, presumably to clear the stock for the new one that's on its way. Its a decent enough machine, but I know there's been problems with the firmware. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I need to put the Cambridge place on a twitter alert or something. I always seem to find out about these nights after the event.  Looks like great fun. We have something similar in Leicester.

https://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/opening-schedule/

Another place I need to check up on. Can't let the Mrs find out though. She'll try donating all my retro stuff to them. 

Edited by BigJag

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...