Zaheer Posted July 29, 2022 Posted July 29, 2022 Anyone have a variation of the Super Console X? Looking for something already pre-installed but easy to drag/drop new roms etc. Also where are the best places to get them? Plenty of videos on YouTube but they're all very long, and looking on Amazon/DHgate/Aliexpress/eBay is becoming a bit of a minefield... Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2022 On 7/29/2022 at 9:01 AM, Tommy! said: I'm on the look out for a handheld pi, ideally one that runs straight out the box. What's recommend and who's reliable to buy from? @scratchdj did a review of a handheld retro machine in this very thread, a few months ago. It'll be worth trawling through the thread to find his hands on report. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted August 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2022 So I watched a Scott the Woz video yesterday that, in amongst other things, recommended an HD output device for the Gamecube. I've searched around and the only site I can see that's selling it is here: https://gamesconnection.co.uk/products/gchd-hdmi-hd-converter-for-gamecube and that's listed as on 'back order' which probably means it isn't coming back. So does anyone else have an alternative option? Amazon is recommending one that's about half that price but the reviews look dicey. I tried to plug the console into our telly a few weeks ago but the screen was all washed out on the composite cable. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2022 On 7/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, Zaheer said: Anyone have a variation of the Super Console X? Looking for something already pre-installed but easy to drag/drop new roms etc. Also where are the best places to get them? Plenty of videos on YouTube but they're all very long, and looking on Amazon/DHgate/Aliexpress/eBay is becoming a bit of a minefield... I bought a PlayStation Classic. Modded it in about an hour and added my Roms. Have tried 8, 16bit, meme and PS and all ok so far. Few videos on YouTube which walk you through. Quote
Zaheer Posted August 10, 2022 Posted August 10, 2022 On 8/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, Hannibal Scorch said: I bought a PlayStation Classic. Modded it in about an hour and added my Roms. Have tried 8, 16bit, meme and PS and all ok so far. Few videos on YouTube which walk you through. Thanks bud, between your response and the absolutely brilliant PS1 Nostalgia Thread I think my decision has been made. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 14, 2022 Posted August 14, 2022 Anyone picked up Arcade Paradise? Seems like a few decent reviews floating around. Quote
Version1.0 Posted August 14, 2022 Posted August 14, 2022 Bought Kid Klown and Unirally for the SNES yesterday, both are glorious. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted September 4, 2022 Paid Members Posted September 4, 2022 https://www.thepixelbunker.com/ Popped into this place yesterday. It shares the building with the National Sci fi and Film museum. Aswell as a bit of a Retro toy shop. The actual arcade area was jam packed with stand up arcade machines and was quite busy. Sadly there weren't any sit down Sega Rally type machines. The selection of games was well put together with something for everyone. They operate a pay per session system. Although I was able to wander around without paying any sort of entrance fee. At Arcade Club in Leeds, you pay at the door, before entering the main arcade. With Pixelbunker. You walk in at the ground floor then up some stairs into a lobby area/shop. The arcade area is off to one side. It was quite dark in there, just like an arcade in a movie. Lots of 80s memorabilia on the walls. Including a Raleigh Afterburner BMX. The entrance to the museum is off the shop/lobby area too. I'm not quite sure how Pixelbunker operate. The place was very busy and the staff seemed to be non-existent. I'd need to visit during a quieter time to check it out properly. Quote
westlondonmist Posted September 26, 2022 Posted September 26, 2022 https://atari.com/products/atari-50th-the-anniversary-celebration This sounds awesome, a hundred games including Jaguar ones. Some of the 2600 (well most) are basic but they are often worth playing. The Lynx has some quality games too. Appears to be PS4/5, XB1, S, X and Switch. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/10/atari-anniversary-collection-full-list-of-games-possibly-revealed-in-retailer-leak1 Shows full list of 103 games, although some games have various ports. All 4 Sword quest games will be interesting, the first 3 are non playable without the comic (you can find them online) I hope the re-imagined Air World is playable without as I can't find the comic, if one was even ever written. There is 9 Jaguar games, which I'd love to try even though I know that they will probably be shit. Quote
Merzbow Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 I have zero faith in anything Atari, it's just a name pimped out these days by some shell company or something. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 53 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I have zero faith in anything Atari, it's just a name pimped out these days by some shell company or something. Yeah pretty much, a company previously called Infrogrames. You can't really go wrong with sticking a load of 80s games on a cart though. I wouldn't buy that VCS console but that's a whole different thing Quote
Merzbow Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 Yeah if they get the right people to port them over it's fine, Jaguar emulation is interesting though as I don't think it's ever been perfect. Is the Atari crypto coin still going? Quote
Guest Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 All I remember of my mate's Jaguar is a controller with more buttons than the average keyboard, and a "Where did YOU learn... to fly?" voice clip that we convinced ourselves sounded like a kid we knew. Was the Lynx as decent as I thought it looked, other than lacking the library to compete? Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 9, 2022 Posted October 9, 2022 (edited) 13 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Yeah if they get the right people to port them over it's fine, Jaguar emulation is interesting though as I don't think it's ever been perfect. Is the Atari crypto coin still going? Yeah, I do wonder if they had to be selective about what Jaguar games used due to emulation. Although the console only has 50 games and I imagine over half must have been third party. In theory the crypto currency is still going but its worth about 1% of it's value from a year ago. @Uncle Zeb I had a Lynx and was good but killed batteries. The Evercade carts are quite good. Edited October 9, 2022 by westlondonmist Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.