Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 9, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 9, 2022 Looks like a great day out. I was supposed to go to arcade club with my mate when he was over from Colombia the other week, but we just couldn't find the time. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 Leeds or Manchester? I think they've also opened one in Blackpool. I've been to the Leeds Arcade Club. Great fun. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 10, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2022 Manchester, as its my local one. He's been to the Leeds one and said its not as good as Manchester. I'm surprised the one in Blackpool is only open Thursday to Sunday. It'd be pretty cool to check that out one weekend. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 16, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2022 Handy little DIY project. Allows you to use a 9pin joystick via a USB port. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 16, 2022 Posted July 16, 2022 I finally went to NQ64 in Brum at like 2am and I wouldn't really recommend it, multiple machines had faults and I'm sure they're just left there without much maintenance at all. Fun if pissed up which I'm sure is the goal. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 16, 2022 Posted July 16, 2022 1 hour ago, BigJag said: Is that in Digbeth? Yeah, that's the place. It's not the worst but I don't like how it's really not for kids, too much of a "barcade" for me. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 16, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2022 Yep. It was a bit disappointing when I went. That must have been before covid. They’ve done well to be still going. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2022 There's one in Manchester, and another one called Pixl? This looks like it could be good if it comes out: Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2022 On 7/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, Merzbow said: I finally went to NQ64 in Brum at like 2am and I wouldn't really recommend it, multiple machines had faults and I'm sure they're just left there without much maintenance at all. Fun if pissed up which I'm sure is the goal. Yeah I wasn't a fan either, mainly because I'm an old fogey who thought the repetitive dance music was too damn loud, but I also wasn't a fan of the McCurrency gimmick. Not being able to just drop my own coins in a machine and play a game takes something away from the arcade experience. Maybe it's better during the day when it's quieter, who knows. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2022 Hold on. Do they actually make you pay to play the meagre selection of arcade machines? How does it work? do you have to buy tokens from the themed bar? I remember a menu above the bar, that had game related cocktails on it. We were so disappointed with the place that we didn't actually play any of the games. Arcade Club is a much better place. Quote
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted July 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2022 (edited) 11 minutes ago, BigJag said: Hold on. Do they actually make you pay to play the meagre selection of arcade machines? How does it work? do you have to buy tokens from the themed bar? I remember a menu above the bar, that had game related cocktails on it. We were so disappointed with the place that we didn't actually play any of the games. Yep, you had to buy their own currency in the form of these coins and those acted as your chips to play the machines. Much like yourself, I didn't play any games and just sat outside on the benches because the system is a half-baked scam. The board games place next door looked more fun, and I bet their customers didn't have to slap down cash for some monopoly money. Edited July 18, 2022 by Accident Prone Quote
Merzbow Posted July 19, 2022 Posted July 19, 2022 Plus they have a "dress code" which sounds like it's just there to demonize parts of the working class.. and the Liverpool bar said "no scallies". I still have a single coin of theirs, how would one go about bootlegging it? Quote
Paid Members Tommy! Posted July 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 29, 2022 I'm on the look out for a handheld pi, ideally one that runs straight out the box. What's recommend and who's reliable to buy from? Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29, 2022 Posted July 29, 2022 Does it have to be a pi? Because that really limits you and there so many good portable retro emulation players out there. The Retroid Pocket 2+ is always a good choice, but I'd look up the Anbernic handhelds too. The Miyoo Mini is excellent if you want something around £50 and don't need perfect PS1 emulation. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.