The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Now, Pac-Mania? That was great.

Still my favourite Pac-man game. I actually completed it for the first time this year, after originally playing it in the 90s on my Amiga.

I hadn’t realised, through being shit at it when I was younger, what a short game it is! 

• Paid Members

I played a lot of Pac-Land on Amiga because I picked it up for a couple of quid. I didn't do too badly at it. A few years later I messed around with the DIP settings and played through it on MAME a few years ago. 

I've not picked it up yet. Ended up getting that new version of the Stanley Parable on Switch instead. Can't believe that game is 9 years old. That's almost retro itself. 

• Paid Members

There's an announcement of something "big" on Evercade's YouTube channel today to celebrate their second anniversary. 

• Paid Members

Had a look at maybe getting an old CRT tv for some of my retro consoles and sure enough they’re being price gouged now as Retro Gaming TVs. I get it, but fuck em.

21 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Had a look at maybe getting an old CRT tv for some of my retro consoles and sure enough they’re being price gouged now as Retro Gaming TVs. I get it, but fuck em.

Look around there are always people giving them away. I know people who have found free ones as plenty of people don't understand what they are used for

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

There's another Mega Drive mini on the way with a Mega CD add-on!

I doubt they’ll do it with this device, but I really hope that they revisit the 32X back catalogue at some point. Knuckles Chaotix was the holy grail of the Sonic series for me when I was growing up, and it’s just impossible to justify splashing out for it at its current price. Same goes for the 32X itself. 

• Paid Members

That Megadrive port of Virtua Racing was mighty impressive. The 32X version was best. 

I wonder whether they'd stick Road Avenger on the Mega CD Mini.