Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I honestly don't understand why Snyder has a career. I just can't think of anything he's directed which isn't shit, debatably OK, or actually OK but someone else did it better.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

The remake of Dawn of the dead was a pleasant surprise, helped by James Gunn's involvement but he's been pushing the same speed ramping, OTT colour correction and quick cuts for every film since 300

Man of Steel was a joyless slog. How do you make a Superman film that slow and depressing? 

He also managed to sink not one but two billion dollar franchises with a single film in Batman v Superman. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Only 300 springs to mind. 

Yeah, I include that in the "debatably OK" one, as I enjoyed it, but could see why others hated it. He's never made an unquestionably good film. I also enjoyed Justice League, but barely, and that was more down to me as a DC fan trying to get what I could out of a mediocre-but-not-awful film. 

21 minutes ago, chokeout said:

The remake of Dawn of the dead was a pleasant surprise, helped by James Gunn's involvement but he's been pushing the same speed ramping, OTT colour correction and quick cuts for every film since 300 

One for the "actually OK, but there's better out there", I reckon. Although it's been a while since I saw the original, I'm sure I remember it being better.

Edited by Carbomb

That Sucker Punch thing he did has to be up there as one of the worst films i've sat through, up there with that House Of Wax remake. Utter, utter gubbins. How likely is it that a shit film everybody hated is going to be better now there's more of it? like doing Dunston Checks In Redux

• Paid Members

I'll fess up and say I actually really enjoyed his Dawn of the Dead flick, and I thought he did the best he could with Watchmen (a thankless task back then), but everything else has been a load of absolute fucking dirt. 

Like that Guardians of Gahooley shite. I saw that in the pictures. I fucking paid to see that! Imagine that! Imagine actually paying money - part of my salary that I actually worked for - to see that unctuous rubbish? I really, truly have got more enjoyment out my hairy mate and his shite pipe periodically and unwelcomly popping into my head mid wank than that movie. 

I liked Watchmen but it's got vibes similar to the Psycho remake, it's interesting but comes across too much like one of those animated comics in places. I really want to give that full Meatloaf Tune length version with the Black Freighter scenes though because it's been ages

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Good, it means those #releasethesnydercut wankers can do one. Looking forward to the mixture of folks who think it’s some art-house masterpiece and the ones who who will still hate it because it’s not a panel for panel recreation 

As you’ve already seen from your post after this, they’re not going to do one, they’re going to be encouraged because they know if they’re loud enough for long enough they’ll get what they want. 

• Paid Members

Watchmen DC is great. Not seen the ultimate edition. Im curious how they intergrate the animation. Im really looking forward to the Snyder cut. But does anyone think it will actually be good? Man of Steel level is surely the best we can hope for.