Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

• Paid Members

Just finished Sean Oliver(from Kayfabe Commentaries)'s book about how he set up the company. It's not a bad little read and includes a few stories that made me chuckle. It's not the longest book though, but if you are subscribed to Amazon's reading subscription service it's included...

I bought myself a tonne of wrestling books for Christmas including the Sean Oliver one.

The book that interests me the most is  "Teeny: Professional Wrestling's Grand Dame" the story of Christine Jarrett.
I have no idea if it is a good book or not ( yet ) but am hopeful it delivers. It has good reviews & it is from an era that interests me, with a different perspective than most other books being it coming from a woman who was probably on her own in a man's world back then (The Original Sheik's wife may have had a similar job though?).

• Paid Members

yeh,but it's only a small book with each page having a little write up on each match. The kind of book you'd read on the shitter.

I got some kindle vouchers for Christmas, anyone know of any good kindle deals on wrestling books?

1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Is Wrestling's 101 Strangest Matches by Oliver Martin any good?

It's another one i would stick in the "OK" department. Just a photo & a brief description of the match in question.

The best way i have found to judge the quality of wrestling books is to visit Amazon.co.uk & go for the ****+ scores from the reviews (make sure there are plenty of reviews because just a couple of reviews could be hype by the author or someone without a grasp of what a good wrestling book is).

Like so many folk on here, probably the best new book out is the Brian Pillman one. Apart from Amazon, Crowbar Press (Scott Teal) only ever seem to release quality books.