Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Ambulance Chaser said:

Yeah I read Roberts book before JR's, and to be honest it might be a reason I enjoyed JR's so much, because it was coming off the back of the Roberts effort. I just didn't like it at all, it was ok up to half way, i.e. his journey into Wrestling, his fandom etc, all relatable stuff, however from WWE onwards I just hated it more as each chapter went by. I was reading it and he was describing this 'horrible' stuff that was happening to him and I'm sat thinking "is that it, grow fucking up", which I guess wasn't what I was supposed to feel. To me he just came across as whiny mardarse, the constant complaints about travel, 3 chapters ago it was his dream and something he'd have done anything to attain. The passive aggressive tone to his writing when talking about Lillian Garcia etc. By the time I reached the last few chapters I almost gave up and just sacked it off but I wanted to finish it just for completest reasons.

Whats his problem with Lillian?

Does he touch upon the whole arrest warrant in the UK at all in the book?

I dunno tbh, just gives off a bad vibe when talking about her in particular, constantly reminding us that announcing isn't her passion, it's his, but not hers. She wants to do music but aint really good enough so does WWE instead. I just didn't like the tone of the book at all.

Can't recall anything about an arrest in the UK, but to be honest about half way through I mentally checked out, once the he mentioned how hard the travel was for the 33rd time I'd had it.

The NXT book is a highly recommended read, covers pretty much everything about  how the brand came to be as we know it today with plenty of behind the scenes photos at the PC and of the early days of some of the talent. One photo that really stood out though was of Regal, Robbie Brookside and Frankie Sloan walking along what looks like Blackpool Pier which would have been around the time of the first NXT UK tour 

I don't remember anything about an arrest warrant, it was that someone stole his passport. I seem to remember reading a bit about it in the Observer around the time the book came out. The story is something like JBL went around exhorting some of the younger lads to steal it because #bantz. I think it was John Morrison who was one of the ones who came out as saying "JBL was trying to get someone to do it, but it wasn't me." So he had to spend a day at the American Embassy getting a new one and missed his flight home because of it.

Who'd have thought Bradshaw would be such a knob?

File Jericho books under fiction?

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/lofiversion/index.php?t89037.html

If he made up a fight about this guy backing down from him in SMW then why is everyone so quick to believe his account of the Goldberg fight? Sure I remember neutral accounts that said Gregory Helms got the best of Jericho in a fight one time.

Reminds me of the time everyone said Booker-T beat up Batista, probably just because Batista was unpopular in the locker room, and then Finlay came out and said Batista was actually getting the best of him.

Anyways.. it's an interesting letter from someone that worked with Jim Cornette in SMW who says Jericho fabricated stories for his book.

Edited by NoUseforaUsername