Wrestling Books

Bring Back Minipops

anyone else read the Justin Roberts best seat in the house book I've just finished it if what he writes is true it put a totally different light on WWE then anyone has really written about at length in the past and they are very bad for not for not acknowledged the work he did with connor michalek and quite a negative company to work for.

Yeah I read Roberts book before JR's, and to be honest it might be a reason I enjoyed JR's so much, because it was coming off the back of the Roberts effort. I just didn't like it at all, it was ok up to half way, i.e. his journey into Wrestling, his fandom etc, all relatable stuff, however from WWE onwards I just hated it more as each chapter went by. I was reading it and he was describing this 'horrible' stuff that was happening to him and I'm sat thinking "is that it, grow fucking up", which I guess wasn't what I was supposed to feel. To me he just came across as whiny mardarse, the constant complaints about travel, 3 chapters ago it was his dream and something he'd have done anything to attain. The passive aggressive tone to his writing when talking about Lillian Garcia etc. By the time I reached the last few chapters I almost gave up and just sacked it off but I wanted to finish it just for completest reasons.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

23 hours ago, mim731 said:

@Liam O'Rourke John Pollock has just mentioned you again on Rewind a Raw, named the book his favourite of 2017. Going to do a full review later in the week apparently, I really need to get on with buying the book!

Well, that was unexpected, thanks for the heads up. Cool to hear about the review, hopefully that'll be up today by the sounds of it...

• Paid Members

No worries Liam, we're all delighted you're getting the much deserved plaudits for this. Given how much work must go into the podcast, I can't imagine how thorough you must have been with the book! Looking forward to finally getting stuck into reading it over the next few weeks. 

• Paid Members

I finally managed to listen to the Pillman episode of the SCG and I'm pretty sure I need that book in my life. I'll have to see how I'm doing when payday rolls around, or once the bills are out of the way.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, mim731 said:

No worries Liam, we're all delighted you're getting the much deserved plaudits for this. Given how much work must go into the podcast, I can't imagine how thorough you must have been with the book! Looking forward to finally getting stuck into reading it over the next few weeks. 

Still, thanks for keeping me in the loop! And yeah, wasn't a short turnaround time on the book...at all...

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Ordered the book there last night Liam. I'm very much looking forward to it arriving and getting stuck into it!

Thank you so much! Let me know what you make of it when you get a chance to give it a look.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I finally managed to listen to the Pillman episode of the SCG and I'm pretty sure I need that book in my life. I'll have to see how I'm doing when payday rolls around, or once the bills are out of the way.

Yeah that was fun....Holty was a damn good host. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Thank you so much! Let me know what you make of it when you get a chance to give it a look.

Will do mate, with how good all the reviews have been so far I'm expecting it'll not take very long!