The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

11 out of 15. I want to know what part of my brain is being occupied by American Headcharge and Godhead and figure out to exchange that knowledge for dates of birthdays, or my own phone number.

When your phone number makes an album as good as The War Of Art

8 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The line-up looks fantastic but my friends are making noise about 2000 Trees so Ii'll probably be at that instead. 

Talking of 2000 Trees, are the VIP tickets worth it? I thought it was odd when I saw them for sale considering the size and scope of the festival. It's around £95 more compared to the standard price, and includes stuff like backstage camping, access to VIP bars, priority entrance, VIP parking, transport for you and your luggage, backstage camping etc. I haven't been before so I have no idea if the £240 price tag, compared to the standard entry £150, is good. 

Personally I'd say no. I get VIP guestlist tickets each year (humblebrag) so I don't get to watch a band from side stage (if that is still part of the VIP ticket that you buy) but even if I did get to do that I'd say it's still not worth it.

The VIP bar is smaller than the regular bars with less choice of drinks. We probably use it once the whole weekend. The bar is filled with sofas and armchairs though which is cool but they're always full. If you really want to, you can probably just walk through to the VIP bar as it's right next to one of the regular ones and wristbands are hardly ever checked. VIP camping is on a really steep hill so you have to walk all the way to the top where it's slightly more flat if you're bother by it. We normally end up just camping in the regular campsite as it's genuinely better.

I personally wouldn't pay £95 extra for it as I don't think it's worth it at all.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Personally I'd say no. I get VIP guestlist tickets each year (humblebrag) so I don't get to watch a band from side stage (if that is still part of the VIP ticket that you buy) but even if I did get to do that I'd say it's still not worth it.

The VIP bar is smaller than the regular bars with less choice of drinks. We probably use it once the whole weekend. The bar is filled with sofas and armchairs though which is cool but they're always full. If you really want to, you can probably just walk through to the VIP bar as it's right next to one of the regular ones and wristbands are hardly ever checked. VIP camping is on a really steep hill so you have to walk all the way to the top where it's slightly more flat if you're bother by it. We normally end up just camping in the regular campsite as it's genuinely better.

I personally wouldn't pay £95 extra for it as I don't think it's worth it at all.

Thanks, that's really helpful! You've definitely put me off the VIP, so I won't bother unless I win some free upgrade. Cheers ?

23 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I'll defend Derrick-era Sepultura until the end. Most underrated band in metal.

...and as you said, brilliant live band.

Derrick has been a member of Sepultura long than Max was. They have done some good stuff, but nothing will beat Chaos AD and Roots in my mind.

• Paid Members

they will always be the definitive records but whilst i always thought Max got a bit of a pass when he formed Soulfly, i always felt the remainding Sepultura members were always seen as the outsiders and were given shit for even trying to continue on. I never liked that the press made it out like you had to take sides, i just continued to support both.

It took em a couple of records to find their groove but they've been consistently putting out quality material. They could have just tried to do Roots part 2 over and over but just they throw all kinds of shit in the blender...and as as originall mentioned they are great live.