The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh Anselmo & The Illegals are doing a Pantera set, that could be quality.

I saw the Slayer tour when it was over here, the setlist spans the career which is cool cause they could have gone full old school but it shows the faith they have in the later material, i got a bit too pissed on the night but it was typical Slayer. Oh, and theres lots of fire.

• 3 weeks later...

A few metal/punk/rock records I've enjoyed from this year:

Black Futures - Never Not Nothing

Car Bomb - Mordial

Cloudkicker - Unending

Dinosaur Pile-Up - Celebrity Mansions

Idiot Pilot - Blue Blood

Ithaca - The Language of Injury

JOHN - Out Here on the Fringes

Lingua Ignota - CALIGULA

Minors - Abject Bodies

PUP - Morbid Stuff

The St Pierre Snake Invasion - Caprice Enchante

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As it’s the end of the decade it means a lot of lists are doing the rounds, which admittedly are pointless. Would love to know the criteria for this one though

QMWDlqh.jpg

I don't know what's happened here, as we play Absolute Radio all night at work, and I've STILL only heard 4 of these songs.

Edit: I've just skimmed through Thunder and Believer by Imagine Dragons. I hope they all fucking die.

Edited by SuperBacon
Imagine Dragons are worse than Maroon 5

I associate Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots with all that music WWE use now for the big shows. There's a sort of mix of all genres thing going on in there, with none of them being particularly prominent. 

Kevin_Rudolf.jpg

There's usually someone who looks like this doing a guitar solo in the video at the precise moment you can't really hear any guitars at all, and you're left all puzzled and old man yells at cloud to what the fuck is going on. Kind of like those tunes where people pop up to tell you how it's all about the bass, and fire up the bass etc even though they're always the most tinny, treble heavy songs going. 

I'll listen to anything if there's a bit of atmosphere in the production, but all this stuff seems stonewalled to give the brightest, flattest sound on as many cheap earbuds as possible so I've never got it. 

The term 'rock' is as interchangeable as 'pop' in terms of what exactly it means, though, so I wouldn't worry about that. If they show up in a Best of Grindcore chart I'll raise a brow. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK