Egg Shen

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The Get Up Kids
Boysetsfire
The Lawrence Arms
Murder By Death
McClusky
Scarling

Fucking wonderful to see them lot get a shout-out in 2019. MBD are big faves of mine and deserve way more recognition than they've gotten thus far.

I saw MBD in 2001 when they were still called Little Joe Gould. It's amazing to see the depth of their catalogue since then. I need to go back and listen to it all. 

• Paid Members

Seeing that Vogg from Decapitated has joined Machine Head's touring band to play the non-Burn My Eyes portion of the their sets, be interesting to see if he joins fully to help put a record together and Flynn lets him contribute, that could be great!

• Paid Members
On 10/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, Egg Shen said:

https://www.kerrang.com/features/13-of-the-most-underrated-albums-of-the-00s/

another one of those obscure lists you wouldn't usually expect from Kerrang! some good stuff there.

Only just seen this but that's a cracking list. Get Up Kids, Lawrence Arms and Streetlight are great shouts.

What are everyone else's underrated albums of the 00s? I'll go with The Riot Before - Fists Buried In Pockets, came out in around 2008 (although Spotify says 2015 but that is bollocks). One of those bands like American Steel that popped up around the same time as Gaslight Anthem but didn't get the attention. Unfortunately only made one more album then broke up. One for @SuperBacon maybe!

38 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Only just seen this but that's a cracking list. Get Up Kids, Lawrence Arms and Streetlight are great shouts.

What are everyone else's underrated albums of the 00s? I'll go with The Riot Before - Fists Buried In Pockets, came out in around 2008 (although Spotify says 2015 but that is bollocks). One of those bands like American Steel that popped up around the same time as Gaslight Anthem but didn't get the attention. Unfortunately only made one more album then broke up. One for @SuperBacon maybe!

Off the top of my head quickly:

My Vitriol - Finelines

Bear Vs. Shark - Right Now, You're in the Best of Hands

Instruction - God Doesn't Care

Minus The Bear - Highly Refined Pirates

New End Original - Thriller

Poison The Well - Tear From The Red

The 00's is truly the era of black metal that deserves the most attention, fuck those church burners of the 90's, the 00's is where the genre grew in many different directions and is so underrated.

Austere - To Lay Like Old Ashes

Coldworld - Melancholie²

Xasthur - A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors

The Ruins of Beverast - Rain Upon the Impure

Sombres forêts - Royaume de glace

Nuit Noire - Lunar Deflagration

Nortt - Ligfærd

Anaal Nathrakh – The Codex Necro

Mütiilation - Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn)

And this is just what I can remember while drunk.

EDIT: I can't leave out Lifelover, Pulver and Erotik are both 10/10 for weirdness.

Edited by Merzbow

2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

As mentioned Tellison-Contact Contact would be right at the top. A fucking masterpiece.

Honourable mentions go to Straylight Run-S/T (the best album John Nolan will ever be a part of, dont @ me) 

Emanuel-A Soundtrack To A Headrush. A banger of an album, I thought this lot would be massive.

From Autumn To Ashes-Too Bad You’re Beautiful. Often imitated, never bettered metalcore.

The Academy Is-Almost Here. I’ll say that this is the best album of any of that Victory/Fueled By Ramen label lot.

Hopesfall-A Types, The Copperpot Journals-Plotting To Kill Your Friends and My Awesome Complilation-Actions I all love as well. That’s all I can think of at this late hour. Sure I’ll sit up in bed and scream “WHAT ABOUT THE APPLESEED CAST” at 3am later.

Also, it’s not underrated but Set Your Goals-Mutiny would be my desert island disc from that decade. I don’t know how many times I’ve listened to that album.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Honourable mentions go to Straylight Run-S/T (the best album John Nolan will ever be a part of, dont @ me) 

ryan reynolds wtf GIF

Great album, but I can't be dealing with that when TAYF exists.

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

From Autumn To Ashes-Too Bad You’re Beautiful. Often imitated, never bettered metalcore.

Hopesfall-A Types, The Copperpot Journals-Plotting To Kill Your Friends and My Awesome Complilation-Actions I all love as well. That’s all I can think of at this late hour. Sure I’ll sit up in bed and scream “WHAT ABOUT THE APPLESEED CAST” at 3am later.

Okay, you've won me back over. TBYB is in my top 20 albums of all time, possibly even in the number 10 spot depending on my mood. 'Two Conversations' by The Appleseed Cast is excellent too.

I'd also throw in:

Alesana - On Frail Wings Of Vanity And Wax (screechy, moaning, skinny-jeans-and-all scenecore that felt like a breath of fresh air in 2007).

Bright Eyes -LIFTED (People always refer to Digital Ash, Cassadaga or Good Morning as the bands best work but LIFTED is stronger as a whole).

Cursive - The Ugly Organ (My favourite album of all time is also one that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Still underrated).

The Good Life - Album Of The Year (Another Tim Kasher project that should've been a worldwide smash but was instead more celebrated by the hidden crowd).

Moving Mountains - Pneuma (Post-rock with vocals? Soft post-hardcore? Emo prog? It's just really, really good).

Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines (The best straight-up alternative rock album of the 00's. Bar none).

Sesnes Fail - Let It Enfold You (Often overlooked due to their contemporaries' massive successes, and their next album getting all the air play with 'Calling Cars' and 'Can't Be Saved', LIEY is unabashedly fierce and loose. Every song is a winner here).

Secret Lives Of The Freemasons - This Was Built To Make You Dance (I was very surprised that this album, and opener Make Like A Door And Shut Up, didn't explode onto the emo/post-hardcore scene and dance floors. It had everything going for it. Such a shame).

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I SAID DONT AT ME YOU COWARD!!!!

IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL TACT, YOURE AS SUBTLE AS A BRICK IN THE SMALL OF THE BACK

IT'S A BLOODY FORUM, I'LL AT YOU ALL I WANT!

TAKE ANOTHER DRINK AND DRIVE YOURSELF HOME, I HOPE THERE'S ICE ON ALL THE ROADS!

Edited by Accident Prone