The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Im indifferent to the whole SOAD thing at this point. Ive seen live footage of their most recent reunions and it always appears to me that Serj and Daron dont look interested. It doesn't help that there appears to be constant bickering in-camp about putting out new music. It always feels like a cash grab every few years to me, get together, headline festivals worldwide and make a shit ton of money. You cant really knock them really though if people still turn out in droves to see them.

...i fully expect them to be one of the Download headliners.

Serj and Daron haven’t gotten along for the better part of 15 years. I’m amazed that they’re still able to put things aside even for a cash-grab, which is all that SOAD has been for years.

Interested to see if they announce all 3 headliners in one go, like they have done previously, or just one with some of the undercard. There’s no-one that has been elevated to headliner status for a festival of its size, so it’ll be from the same pool of acts they usually have. Metallica haven’t played since 2013 so they’re a possibility, Aerosmith in the latest of the law of diminishing returns, KISS are still out on their “farewell” tour. At least we know it’s not going to be Def Leppard 

Bloodstock are announcing their first headliner next week

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

The only thing that would get me out of my grave to go to a festival would be the Misfits, it's not likely but it's not impossible.

*edit 

Forgot Mercyful fate reformed, if they're playing bloodstock that's a must attend for me as well.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

Just now, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The only thing that would get me out of my grave to go to a festival would be the Misfits, it's not likely but it's not impossible.

Well there is the Danzig fronted Misfits doing currently touring in the states. I wouldn't see them as headliners, but there is a chance of the doing the European festival circuit.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

Well there is the Danzig fronted Misfits doing currently touring in the states. I wouldn't see them as headliners, but there is a chance of the doing the European festival circuit.

I know man, they're playing stadiums in the states and tickets are 200 quid, I would have thought their legendary status would elevate them to headline any festival but I worship Danzig so I'm pretty biased.