King Mal the Glorious Posted December 31, 2019 Posted December 31, 2019 I'm sure nobody cares but this was my top 20 of the year. A good year for death metal I thought and a disappointment with regards to synthwave stuff. Aggressive Perfector - Havoc at the Midnight Hour Alcest - Spiritual Instinct Atlantean Kodex - The Course of Empire Bewitcher - Under the Witching Cross Birdflesh - Extreme Graveyard Tornado (DOLCH) - Feuer Fvneral Fvkk - Carnal Confessions Goatchrist - Pythagoras Gost - Valediction Green Lung - Woodland Rites Lingua Ignota - Caligula Nightfell - A Sanity Deranged Noisem - Cease to Exist Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings Ossuarium - Living Tomb Schammasch - Hearts of No Light Sühnopfer - Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes Smoulder - Times of Obscene Evil and Wild Daring Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance Vacivus - Annihilism Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 7, 2020 Members Posted January 7, 2020 Turnstile have had 3 of their tracks remixed by Mall Grab (nope, me neither but he's apparently an Aussie house producer) Well, they are all absolutely banging but Yes I Need My Generator is the stand out. Cannot wait for their new album this year. Time & Space was one of the stand outs of the decade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrfXJaV1VxM Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 8, 2020 Moderators Posted January 8, 2020 Is pepper keenan in corrosion of conformity at the moment or not? I see they are playing in London in May. I've always wanted to see them. I saw them once when he wasn't in the band and they played loads of their punk-y stuff that's rubbish and only one song that I recognised. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 8, 2020 Moderators Posted January 8, 2020 Yay! Think I'll be going solo, so if anyone here is going let me know. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 13, 2020 Posted January 13, 2020 The new Poppy album is angering and exploding "true" metalheads heads like Babymetal did, it's pretty decent too although I prefer the more industrial dancey stuff from her Choke EP. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted January 13, 2020 Posted January 13, 2020 Don't know if many of you have heard but bring me the horizon have been nominated for a brit award in the best band category Jesus remember when they said they hated the mainstream media and how it was all bullshit. Yeah I remember too Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted January 13, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2020 Those utter bastards, having the nerve to get nominated for awards ? Quote
Merzbow Posted January 13, 2020 Posted January 13, 2020 It's a gimmick mate, they've also been "mainstream" for over a decade already. Fuck them and their fame tho, Oli still deserves a kicking for that girl he assaulted. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 13, 2020 Members Posted January 13, 2020 I had no idea about that. That’s scummy. Anyone else ever seen Poundland Oli Sykes, the lad who is the spitting image of him and goes around playing up like he is actually him? Saw him at Slamdunk one year and pissed myself at him getting rejected by every woman at the after party one by one. Happy times. Quote
lightningxlock Posted January 13, 2020 Posted January 13, 2020 Ran into (actual) Oli Sykes at an American Football gig in Manchester and he came off as a really nice, chilled guy. That being said, he can off as a bit of a tosser in interviews etc. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted January 13, 2020 Posted January 13, 2020 5 hours ago, Merzbow said: The new Poppy album is angering and exploding "true" metalheads heads like Babymetal did, it's pretty decent too although I prefer the more industrial dancey stuff from her Choke EP. Presumably not enough mentions of Odin, Blood or Steel. Gatekeepers are fucking hilarious. I don’t get the appeal of Poppy myself, but if you dig it who I am to judge. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted January 14, 2020 Posted January 14, 2020 I used to hang around in the same circle Matt Nicholl's (BTMTH's drummer) so I spent a bit of time around him and he used to loiter around my old work with Oli around the time their first full length came out. Tossers, pair of them. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 15, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted January 15, 2020 Latest Bloodstock poster. I think the lineup is great this year, feels pretty fresh considering they've basically rinsed the metal world of bands to play the festival for the first time. Its obviously on personal preference but theres lots there for me. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 25, 2020 Posted January 25, 2020 Thought this might be fun for those who were fans of possibly the worst genre of music imaginable. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.