DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Whilst at work watched ... Cropsey & Poughkeepsie tapes and The last Broadcast & Megan is Missing (Which is a pretty grim reality on how the world goes round really) well worth the watch.All good movies well worth watching definately.

Edited by CorpRobinson

Watched Scary or Die last night http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1833879/

Scary or Die was a very entertaining way to pass 90 minutes. Especially with All Hallows Eve approaching, this might be a good one to check out for horror fans. The fact that this is 5 mini-films keep things moving quickly and the film is effective in delivering a variety of moods and emotions ranging from "Fuck yeah! This is cool!" to a couple of moments which are rather more subdued and sentimental. I'll give this an 8 or a 9.

Just watched Scary or Die myself and found it to be an awful horror anthology around the same low-level as Creepshow 3. With Zombies, Vampires, Satanic Cults, Evil Clowns and Supernatural Revenge you would expect at least something interesting or entertaining to come from the film, but in fact it ends up being mostly tedious and boring viewing. Certainly one to give a miss.

• Paid Members

The original Running Scared is fantastic. I don't understand why it's taken me so long to watch it. Peter Hyams is a fantastic director and I wish Billy Crystal had done more films like this.

• Paid Members
Whilst at work watched ...

Cropsey & Poughkeepsie tapes and The last Broadcast & Megan is Missing (Which is a pretty grim reality on how the world goes round really) well worth the watch.

All good movies well worth watching definately.

The Last Broadcast was ruined entirely by the host, i remember hating when i first saw that about ten years ago, and hating him even more when i saw it again recently.

I watched Transformers 3 at the weekend.

It drags a lot, so when they get to Chicago for the big end fight scene I got excited at the thought that it was nearly over.

That final scene lasted 50 minutes.

The Transformers movies are utter shite, and Michael Bay is a terrible director, responsible for action movies taking a horrendous lurch in the wrong direction.

I watched a film called Resistance, about some Germans occupying a Welsh valley in ww2. It had Michael Sheen and the nerdy one off Misfits in it, for about three minutes each. According to IMDB, lovely Kim Nixon is also in it but I didn't see her. She might have been the blonde girl who walked through a couple of scenes. It had Jaqen from Game of Thrones as the main guy, the German soldier falling for a young Welsh widow or something, played by a British rip-off of her out of Twilight.

It was all very boring and there was a baby in the house so I didn't catch much of the dialogue besides the subtitled stuff between the Germans. I didn't know what was going on, to be honest. Seemed crap.

• Paid Members

Super 8 was alright, tried to be too much like a Spielberg film. Absolutely horribly mawkish and shit ending, but generally quit decent. Definitely one that Loki would enjoy.