DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Gotta Love Twins :)

and i agree Bloodsport is slighty just better than Kickboxer but both are brilliant movies its on my watch list sometime this week with too many others :(

• Paid Members
Gotta Love Twins :)

and i agree Bloodsport is slighty just better than Kickboxer but both are brilliant movies its on my watch list sometime this week with too many others :(

I do love Bloodsport, Kickboxer edges it for me though. Mainly because now, knowing what i know about Frank Dux, i watch Bloodsport as if it were a parody. I imagine Dux being like Clive Owen in that scene from Extras, "I could get better than that..."

It is a cracking theme tune, a must on any gym play list. It also has Dux and Jackson playing the wonderful IK+

20080912-ik-plus.gif

I feel a "Whats my best film" Van Damme thread coming on

Karate Champ, not IK+

220px-Karate_Champ.png

• Paid Members
I feel a "Whats my best film" Van Damme thread coming on

No point. Everyone knows it's Hard Target.

Tongue was firmly in cheek, but for the record Hard Target is a belter.

There's a few candidates though, AWOL would be another. Not to worry, i'll do my Richard Norton one instead.

• Moderators
Woy, you doing your film list this year? There's a new lad at work who's clever at films and I need to pretend to know stuff to recommend him, lest I lose face amongst people who previously thought I knew what I was talking about.

Cheers.

Oh yes. Another three part beast. It should start going up in about ten days.

• Paid Members

are there any other good tournament based martial arts flicks outside of the more popular ones? i rewatched Best of the Best last week and it remains one of my favorite films, i don't care what anyone says it's fucking brilliant.

• Paid Members

Killer Joe. Pretty good. The cast is absolutely tremendous, especially Thomas Haden Church. I thought Joe himself was the weakest character but McConaughey did great with him. Not sold on the ambiguous ending nor the stupid chicken scene but it was a good quality trashy modern day noir, and great to see William Friedkin still making interesting films.

• Paid Members

I liked Killer Joe, I was astounded that a guy in his late 70s directed a film that graphic. I thought it was cool the way it totally focused on a few characters to the point where some people who were important to the story like the mother were barely shown, it's based on a play though so I guess that makes sense. It was nice seeing Matthew McConaughey play Woody Harrelson, I've never disliked him but he's made some terrible movies, good to see him get to be cool for a change. Found Emile Hirsch to be so unsympathetic I enjoyed watching him get battered. Thomas Hayden Church is great (in general) and was indeed brilliant in this.

Ebb i cannot recommend enough Spin Kick its just up your alley with Tournament martial arts movies, bloodsport 2.3.4 are not to shabby either