DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

If you're not adverse to poor quality efforts, it's worth checking out Bloodfight 2: The Deathcage.

The fight scenes arent bad at all, Robin Shou is a tidy on screen fighter, but the rest of the film is appalling. I saw the trailer as a kid, and wanted to see it for the amazing piece of dialogue "I'm gonna turn you into burger!"

Imagine my dissapointment when i eventually got my hands on a copy only for it to have been redubbed with the even more ridiculous "I'm gonna turn you into GOULASH!"

Also these :)

Savate

Beatdown

Death Warrior

The Quest

Scorpion

Pit Fighter

13 or Underground

Choy Lee Fut

Sidekicks

Red Belt

American Samurai

Shootfighter 1 & 2

Balance of Power

Circle of Pain

Unrivaled

Not all are as good as the most but still worth a look :)

If i can think of anymore ill come back to you

Is it that terrible? It's the sort of film that I always hope will turn out to be great, but given who's directed it I guess that's wishful thinking.

• Paid Members

I watched The Departed a couple of nights back. I have seen it before, but yeah, it's a good bloody film.

Mainstream and star studded, and usually wouldn't be my thing.

It's quality, probs seen by most of you already, but if you haven't seen it, defo give it a watch.

And it put me in the mood for some corrupt cop goodness, so I watched Training Day last night. Again, a classic mainstream film, and I highly recommend it.

Maybe both a bit obvious for this thread

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Highly recommend you watch the original Hong Kong film it was based on, Infernal Affairs. It's utterly brilliant and the 'Morse code using a cast' idea is far more believable than The Departed's 'texting in the pocket' one.

Is it that terrible? It's the sort of film that I always hope will turn out to be great, but given who's directed it I guess that's wishful thinking.

Ah Nick Love isn't a bad director. Goodbye Charlie Bright is cracking, his The Firm remake is good, FF and The Business are always watchable. He gets a bad press, seeminly because Danny Dyer was in a few of his films.

• Moderators

Ah Nick Love isn't a bad director. Goodbye Charlie Bright is cracking, his The Firm remake is good, FF and The Business are always watchable. He gets a bad press, seeminly because Danny Dyer was in a few of his films.

He is. He's awful. An awful, awful cunt.

Always worth sharing this when this prick's name comes up.

He is. He's awful. An awful, awful cunt.

Always worth sharing this when this prick's name comes up.

I managed 30 seconds.

I hope they both suffer nothing but misfortune for the rest of their lives.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

I do think of it being much worse than I found it at the time. "Ray Winstone vanity project" or "A movie marketed with the names of The Sweeney characters" would be apt now.