DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed Hell on Wheels, i'd suggest stick with it Loki as it does pick up in the second half of the season with Indians getting involved and Colin Meaney scrambling about under pressure trying to save himself while also acting a letch. In saying that though I haven't gone out of my way too track down the second season yet.

Mrs Loki spotted the main flaw with the series for me - in theory, having a camp that moves constantly with the railroad gives you the possibility of great new sets all the time, new places and people and shit. Actually what happens is, it's the same every episode. Doesn't feel like they're going anywhere.

Well, I'd obviously agree that you should stick with Hell On Wheels, as I thought it was great. There are certainly some situations that kick-off a bit more, but I also agree it can be very slow burning at times.

It absolutely helps that I'd happily look at the lead actress all day anyway...

hell_on_wheels4544.jpg

Seven Psychopaths. I wouldn't even put it in the same league as In Bruges, but it is still quite brilliant. The whole meta aspect might put some people off, but it worked for me. It's a bit like a Charlie Kaufman film you can enjoy even if you're not a massive wanker. Well, Eternal Sunshine was that as well, I suppose, but this has guns and killings and such. The McDonaghs are talented folk. Farrell, Rockwell, Walken and Harrelson are all on fine form. Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I watched that "Kick Fighter" film saxongb was talking about a few pages back. Available on Youtube (Known in every other country as "The Fighter"). Wasn't the best.

What are the best late 80s, early 90s fighting films that don't have your Van Dammes, Segals, Norris', or Jackie Chans, in them. What are the best ones starring the likes of Richard Norton, Cynthia Rothrock and their ilk? Lesser known ones. Cheers!

• Paid Members
I watched that "Kick Fighter" film saxongb was talking about a few pages back. Available on Youtube (Known in every other country as "The Fighter"). Wasn't the best.

What are the best late 80s, early 90s fighting films that don't have your Van Dammes, Segals, Norris', or Jackie Chans, in them. What are the best ones starring the likes of Richard Norton, Cynthia Rothrock and their ilk? Lesser known ones. Cheers!

Fucking hell mate, i'm sorry!

Rage and Honor 1 & 2 are the best Rothrock / Norton collaborations outside of China O'Brien, and the Above the Law movies show what Rothrock can do with a HK crew, some great action and the best (read absolutely worst) use of a dummy and a stunt double you are ever likely to see - in fact if anyone can screen cap those, i'd love to see them again - if you've seen the film, you know the shots i mean.

The third No Retreat No Surrender dosent get spoken about a great deal, but has some really great action scenes with Loren Avedon and Keith Vitali (and is featured in King of the Kickboxers in what i assume was an inside joke).

Another belter is Karate Cop with Jeff Wincott, one of the better US straight to video efforts i've seen and stars the bald Japanese one from Turtles and a 100 other films and the bloke from Lethal Weapon with a forehead like a cornish pasty playing bad guys, funnily enough.

Showdown in Little Tokyo is well known but absolutely worth a look if you've never seen it.

Two of the best out of HK, but with a heavy american influence are In the Line of Duty 4 and Tiger Cage 2 with Donnie Yen, Michael Woods and John Salvitti, some stunning fight scenes between those three.

Well you have these ive been collecting them for years now :

Jeff Speakman

The Expert

Running Red

Perfect Weapon

Scorpio One

Street Knight

Land of the Free

Memorial Day

Deadly Outbreak

Jeff Wincott

Karate Cop

Deadly Bet

Mission of Justice

Martial Outlaw

Open Fire

The Killing Machine

No Exit

Last Man Standing

Thomas Ian Griffith

Crackerjack (Only the First)

Excessive Force

Ulterior Motives

Hollow Point

Billy Blanks

King of the Kickboxers

China of Brian II (For Norton and Rothrock also)

Talons of the Eagle

Back in Action

Showdown

Tough & Deadly

Expect No Mercy

Balance of Power

David Bradley

American Ninja 3,4 &5

American Samurai

Blood Warriors

Hard Justice

Expect to Die

Richard Norton

Force Five

Fighter

China O Brian 1 & 2

Sword of Bushido

Rage and Honor 1 & 2

Lady Dragon

Loren Avedon

No Retreat No Surrender 2,3, King of Kickboxers

Grid Runners

Deadly Ranson

Silent Force

Martial Law

Gary Daniels

Capital Punishment

Final Impact

American Streetfighter

Full Impact

Firepower

Deadly Target

Heatseeker

Rage

Hawks Vengeance

Jerry Trimble

Full Contact

Live by the Fist

One Man Army

Stranglehold

Dale Apollo Cook

Fist of Glory

Blood Ring

Raw Target

Triple Impact

American Kickboxer 2

Olivier Gruner

Angel Town

Nemesis

Savate

Automatic

TNT

Notable Mentions are Superfights, Bloodmoon, Wicked Game, LA Streetfighter, Low Blow, Shadow Fury, Doorman, Pitfighter, US Seals 2 , Special Forces, Ghost Rock, To Be the Best, Red Scorpion, Man of War, Crying Freeman, Only the Strong, Rapid Fire, Legacy of Rage,Timecop 2, Bloodsport 2,3,4, Perfect Target, True Vengeance

Hope that helps i cannot think of others off the bat, sure it will give u hours of viewing :)

Ha Ha I was gonna Cover Dudikoff and Bosworth but they really have only made a couple, but with Gladstones Request :

Dudikoff

Avenging Force

American Ninja Series

Chain of Command

Brian Bosworth

Stone Cold 1 & 2

One Tough Bastard

If theres anyone else people can think of just add away :)

• Paid Members

:love:

Was anyone on here ever a member of the Dragons Den boards, i'm going way back with that then, but it was an excellent place to talk kung fu movies. Dont know whatever happened to it.

Corp, does your Expect No Mercy cut before any significant impact? Fairly sure when i watched it last, every time someone flew through a window or something, there was a rapid cut before they hit the floor. Really started to get on my tits after a while.

Also, One Tough Bastard is FUCKING brilliant. Particularly "I'd like to order....(looks around)...seven ambulances" One of the best one liners in any movie.

Edited by saxonsqb