DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I did enjoy it, apart from the horrendous amount of blue lens bloom that he used. Mawkish in places, as you say, and the scenes with the kids running through the exploding town were laughable, but overall a good effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Apt choice of word, in that the notion of blasphemy carries only good connotations to me, and there's no point trying to reason with people who are bothered by it. Yeah, edgy! I just compared batman super fanboys to religious people... Taste my satire. (Seriously though, you are probably an idiot).

Just watched The Dark Knight Rises. It's a bit cack, isn't it?

It's simply not as good as The Dark Knight. It has a similar amount of logic holes and occasionally nonsensical things, but there's much less emotional investment, so those things bring you out of the film. I still enjoy the film (Tom Hardy is one of my Hollywood sweethearts alongside Ellen Page and Brad Pitt), but it's nowhere near TDK.

• Paid Members
Apt choice of word, in that the notion of blasphemy carries only good connotations to me, and there's no point trying to reason with people who are bothered by it. Yeah, edgy! I just compared batman super fanboys to religious people... Taste my satire. (Seriously though, you are probably an idiot).

Batman super fanboys or Nolan Batman fanboys? I've always loved Batman but Dark Knight Rises is legitimately the least I've ever enjoyed a film (and i've seen anatomy of hell). Anyway there's a thread for that awful film, I don't want to be reminded of it.

Pitcos read the following, it's pretty spot on (I can't do a proper nice looking link as I'm on my phone)

http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-da...ore-honest.html

Paranorman

Decent, even if it didn't really do much for me overall. Still, I appreciate a lot about it. There's an obvious love of old-school Horror movies (which shows itself in some notably nice sound design), and it does a great job in creating its off-kilter world. I actually enjoyed the extras a lot more than the film itself; it's remarkable the passion, the effort and the techniques that have gone into the film.

Brave

Not another Pixar classic, but worthwhile. It's different. It's like a dark, sweet fairytale, and it delivers what it needs to.

Edited by Vice

Frozen

I'm not normally squeamish, but I couldn't watch this one all the way through. I think it's because it's a situation that I've contemplated happening a few times on the slopes (particularly one time I was stuck on a ski lift in a blizzard for 20 minutes as the sun set).

Not for the faint hearted. I fast-forwarded a lot of it, but it seemed to me it probably dragged quite a bit in the middle.

• Paid Members
Frozen

I'm not normally squeamish, but I couldn't watch this one all the way through. I think it's because it's a situation that I've contemplated happening a few times on the slopes (particularly one time I was stuck on a ski lift in a blizzard for 20 minutes as the sun set).

Not for the faint hearted. I fast-forwarded a lot of it, but it seemed to me it probably dragged quite a bit in the middle.

You didn't miss much.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Apart from one twat jumping off the fucking thing and inevitably breaking both his legs and GETTING EATEN BY WOLVES.

Then the girl gets her face stuck to the lift after falling asleep with her bare face on it.

I thought the ending was decent but overall I was really bored.

• Paid Members

I was dragged along to watch Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt2 with the masses on Friday night. Its probably the best film of the bunch with a little more humour and Michael Sheen (who steals the show). It is worth the watch to see the emotional rollercoaster that the audience of die hard fans go on, with one of the best twists in a film I've seen in a while. Funny as fu

Edited by niff

The twist had me laughing as well, but I thought it was ludicrous. Thankfully the majority of the audience thought it was fairly funny as well.

I really enjoyed the movie actually and Michael Sheen is BRILLIANT. Pure ham from him at times, but it comes across more sinister than anything. And a "little more humour" doesn't really do it justice. It dawned on a full blown comedy at times. Really laid back when they got the opening lovey dovey stuff out of the way, which I think helped me enjoy it more.