DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

I'll give it my best shot! Breaking Dawn twist

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Sorry I don't know the characters that well but here goes. Before a battle scene with Michael Sheen's Vulturi, the psychic of the Cullen family Alice pleads their innocence with Aro (Sheen) at the battle lines mentally showing him a premonition that the audience doesn't see. She moves away and says that he will fight regardless and a battle ensues with many favourite characters losing their heads with the biggest shocks being Carlisle's, Irina's, a couple of wolves and Jasper's (?) deaths. The few remaining Cullens and wolves look to have the battle won as Sheen's character dies but it then jumps back to Alice and Sheen and the whole battle was the premonition. Seeing as Sheen knows he stands no chance he leaves them be. So they all live happily ever after but five minutes ago the Twihards were in bits.

Watched Offender the other night. Had lovely Kimberley Nixon in it so lots of points for that. The main lad was very good as well. Story was as generic as could be and should've been a lot more dynamic or at least inventive and exciting. I'd be interested to hear about the development of the film, since the London riots figured in quite a bit and it was in cinemas less than a year after they happened. My suspicion is the riot bits were tacked on quite close to shooting (or possibly even done as reshoots) and that the original script just had a standard smash-and-grab jewellery store theft.

The thing that really stood out in it for me was the absurd overacting from the main villain. He's a rapper called English Frank, and according to IMDB this was his first acting role. Generally the film made me feel more racist for a bit, and definitely anti-London. Almost every inmate in the prison, including the white lads (especially the white lads in English Frank's case), was a cartoon black yoof who talked in ridiculous patois and loved shit music where people talk nonsense really fast. GET ME, FAM? LISSNIN'?

• Paid Members

Nephew wanted to see the Three Stooges and it wasn't as painful as I expected. If it wasn't for Larry David as a bad tempered sister and Sofia Vergaras who is always a dab hand at comedy it would have been tougher to get through. It wasn't as predictable as most of those slapstick comedy films normally turn out to be.

• Paid Members

Just a quick question. Is the Japan\China\Hong Kong production "Men Behind the Sun" as bad and grizzly as they say? Cheers!

I recently sat though (LINK IS PROBABLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK) "Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood". Bit of trivia about that, Charlie Sheen thought that was a real "snuff" film. Would you say it was worse than that psycho movie? Thanks!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Men Behind the Sun, is quite bad like they say but as a whole the series of 4 movies are really really good as a crazy insight into the whole genre, well worth sitting through though definately.

Guinea Pig movies are so shocking really they are a little gruesome but honestly they are proper pants but i guess when they came out they were good at the time i guess.

Another good movie is Evil Dead Trap if u havent already watched that.

Ha Ha, its just good for the shock values thats what i liked about it and the creepy setting :)

Anyways recently i watched the following :

Death race (Remake) - average really was alright but could of been better

Bennys Video - honestly didnt get the whole idea of it i read reviews how shocking it was and they were right it was shocking but in a bad way really

Hidden (The Cache) - Really good story but dragged a little and the ending was meh

Judge Dredd (Original) big stallone fan, fully enjoyed it the 10th time over

The hole (Thora Birch) - Good movie, but not as good as i remembered fell asleep last time.

Gettysburg - Classic war movie

War of the Dead - Zombie Diaries 2 - Shite

Twins - Absolutely loved it could watch over and over again

Kingpin - Like above i think it tops Dumb and Dumber easily so many laughs, woody harrelson is so underated i need to watch messanger and rampart i think

Edited by CorpRobinson

• Paid Members

After having watched it a couple of times over the last week, it's clear to me now that the Wicker Man is an absolute masterpiece. The soundtrack alone should win awards. It's such a fantastic, haunting film which stays with you long after you've watched it. Of course, I'm referring to the original.

Lord Summerisle: "And the ministers fled the island never to return. What my grandfather started out of expediency, my father continued out of love. He brought me up the same way: to reverence the music, and the drama, and the rituals of the old gods; to love nature and to fear it, and to rely on it and to appease it when necessary. He brought me up--"

Sergeant Howie: "He brought you up to be a pagan!"

Lord Summerisle: "A heathen conceivably but, not I hope, an unenlightened one."

Absolutely love it.

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

End of Watch

Loved it. Really, really loved it. I'm gay for Gyllenhaal and Pena anyway, but a top film. Has the "Cloverfield" excuse for all the close up handicam stuff - the cameras were there for other reasons. "Gritty," touching, action, humour. All good.

Same, I really loved it. I really love Gyllenhaal. As has been said a million times but the chemistry between him and Pena is just fantastic. It also had the lovely Anna Kendrick and eh Ugly Betty! Really brutal in places, but really really funny, like down to earth humour and its also really poignant at the cop stuff without being cliched or boring.

Also the prank they pull in the station was fucking hilarious.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Van Hausers eye! Holy fuck.

Im going to have to check out Street Kings now.

End of Watch. Very engaging, and great chemistry between the two leads. But I found the shooting style a bit odd, particularly the element of Leukemia Donnie Darko having a camera. It was like a semi-found footage film, except his shots looked very much the same as all the other shots. Weird stuff. The film worked though.