DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Killing Them Softly. Stars Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta and James Gandolfini. It's a Mob movie, Directed by Andrew Dominik (The Assassination Of Jesse James...) and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to look away in places, it's really quite graphic. I hadn't heard anything of it until I saw a trailer for it when I was seeing another movie a few weeks back. I'd definitely recommend it.

Woy, you doing your film list this year? There's a new lad at work who's clever at films and I need to pretend to know stuff to recommend him, lest I lose face amongst people who previously thought I knew what I was talking about.

Cheers.

• Paid Members

Woy, you doing your film list this year? There's a new lad at work who's clever at films and I need to pretend to know stuff to recommend him, lest I lose face amongst people who previously thought I knew what I was talking about.Cheers.

I might do one although I've not seen that many 2012 films.

Killing Them Softly. Stars Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta and James Gandolfini. It's a Mob movie, Directed by Andrew Dominik (The Assassination Of Jesse James...) and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had to look away in places, it's really quite graphic. I hadn't heard anything of it until I saw a trailer for it when I was seeing another movie a few weeks back. I'd definitely recommend it.

I enjoyed it, but its subtext, which is screamed rather than hinted throughout by having speeches on the radio during key scenes, followed by the speech at the end (I did like the speech though) put it on too much familiar ground with the far superior Killer Joe. Anyway, I watched Dellamorte Dellamore today. wonderfully bizarre.

Woy, you doing your film list this year? There's a new lad at work who's clever at films and I need to pretend to know stuff to recommend him, lest I lose face amongst people who previously thought I knew what I was talking about.Cheers.

I might do one although I've not seen that many 2012 films.
You should, that would be great I'd imagine.

Seen a few recently

Mic Macs- Great idea, Jeunet on a whimsical trip again. Was on well late, fell asleep about halfway through will try and watch again at some point.

Seeking a Friend For the End of the World- Loved it! Very funny and also bitter sweet in places. Not the happiest of endings, but was never going to be.

SkyFawwl(too much Adele on the radio!)- Not as good as it thinks it is. Twists were so easy to spot was unreal and the Hard Target-esque xoda did nothing for me, neither did the new Q for that matter. Beautifully shot though and Javier Bardem was a fun Bond Villain

Edited by patdfb

• Paid Members

High Plains Drifter - first time I'd seen it for a while. It's still amazing. It's possible the greatest revisionist western ever made and it has far more going on with it than I think it is ever given credit for. What a great film.

Well had a bit of a film'orama over the weekend and managed to watch these :

Bird with the Crystal Plumage - Loved it cannot beat any italian/stalker/thriller movie

Breakheart Pass - Massive Bronson fan, enjoyed every minute of it

Revolver - Felt like i was high watching this movie wasnt 100% sure what to think of it.

2012 - Ice Age - Well my partner put this on the Tivo box, wow it was deleted quicker than it was on there absolutely terrible it seemed like a flight simulator with snow it was terrible

Predator X - Xtinction - Another of my partners movies, about a CGI crocodile being bred to make a ultimate race of dinocrocs absolute terrible :)

Yeah i honestly thought it was going to a average Western like u said but was impressed otherwise, i have Hatfields and McCoys on Series link to watch tonight i doubt ill get through it all but will try :)

• Paid Members

Kickboxer

Yeah, i might not watch art house, indy wank fests with subtitles, cinematography and foreign tits in (I do sometimes) but i like what i like.

Dennis Alexio playing the estranged father of AC Slater is a particular highlight.

ericKickboxer.jpg

Viciously trained Muay Thai striker Tong Po attempting the banned in playgrounds, but perfectly legal in underground death matches, Tango slap.

kick-boxer-01-g.jpg

Someone should tell Joey Branning that this particular Van Damme technique is not a generic defence which can be used to limit the effects of a car crash

Eastenders-wk48-2012-Joey-Lauren-Branning-crash-590x350-1.jpg

And of course....

t_vandammedance_976.gif

Not to mention:

"Never Surrender! Never say die, you've got the heart of a HERO!"

If i dont watch something like this once a week, i get a bit shaky.

Edited by saxonsqb

• Paid Members

I love Kickboxer because it's a film I remember fondly from growing up, along with Predator, Enter the Dragon, Bloodsport, Best of the Best and Commando among others.

I prefer Bloodsport over Kickboxer though. Even if the story is based on Frank 'King of Bullshit' Dux.

• Paid Members

I agree, i'm desperately trying to get my outbuilding converted because right now my VHS collection is gathering dust, mold and god knows what else.

Thank god for 5USA and ITV2's insistance on showing Twins so regularly i can watch it 20 mins at a time like a soap.