DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Just saw Rec 3. It manages to somehow be completely unlike either of its predecessors. If you imagine it as a stand alone zombie movie it's quite enjoyable, but having it as part of the Rec series is a joke. There are a few hilarious bits though. But man, what a way to kill the scariest franchise in years.

I hated it. When characters stopped in the middle of a zombie chase to go "LOL that's why they say French girls are sluts" I turned it off. It was just a million miles away from the concept then. First twenty minutes were good.

Indeed. A couple of moments got some genuine laughs out of me though. There was a scene near the end you missed which was genuinely very funny. as well as the bride becoming a Bruce Campbell-esque badass. The main thing I object to is that it's pretty much a totally different film. Comedy horror while the others were dark and creepy. If it was called Zombie Wedding it would be a fairly entertaining stupid comedy zombie film but the fact they decided to release this under the Rec title is just baffling.

• Paid Members

I think you were probably just having a off night Richie as I know your usually into your 80s slashers. Friday the 13th part 2 is an incredibly tight sequal. Certainly one of the best in the franchise. Personally i've always thought that due to its tight pacing its the slasher movie that all other low budget slashers should aspire to be.Totally agree about the hot women though. If you fancy a lesser known 80s slasher check out Cheerleader Camp. Its been a while but remember liking it and has the hot blonde from Teen Wolf showing the goods.Sleepway Camp is rubbish until the fantastic final shot. The sequals are alot more fun.

• Paid Members

Richie have you seen Sleepaway Camp?

I have not mate, no. Please tell me it

Sleepway Camp is rubbish until the fantastic final shot. The sequals are alot more fun.

The final shot totally makes up for it tho

Sleepaway Camp 2 on the other hand is a riot.

And also has Pamela 'sister of Bruce' Springsteen in it Edited by EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

The totally bonkers A Bay of Blood is another one to check out.

A Bay of Blood is good fun. Some of the kills were clearly ripped off by Friday the 13th despite whatever Cunningham says.

• Paid Members

I watched A Bay Of Blood recently, thought it was pretty boring but certainly influential. The Church was another Italian horror I watched recently and that was really good even if it made no sense like most Italian horror films.

I watched the Incredible Melting Man, Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Death line again as it was on the Horror Channel so i saved them, quality 80's horror definately and Richie if u need any hand with some slashers out of the box let me know ive got loads from the 80s, actually watched Amsterdamned tonight they are all worth the watch definately !

• Paid Members

I watched the Incredible Melting Man, Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Death line again as it was on the Horror Channel so i saved them, quality 80's horror definately and Richie if u need any hand with some slashers out of the box let me know ive got loads from the 80s, actually watched Amsterdamned tonight they are all worth the watch definately !

Dark Night of the Scarecrow is amazing isnt it. For a early 80s made for TV movie its pretty damn impressive. Theres a beautiful American Bluray and the picture is stunning.

I think I've seen The Church, if it's the one with the awesome scene where he flees into the depths of the Church's crypt, lower and lower, until his foot breaks through the floor and he nearly falls into a Subway tunnel.

Ive been wanting to see the church for a while so i will have to hunt it down if anyone is interested ill be doing some reviews from Celluloid Screams this weekend the horror festival in sheffield these are the movies that are showing : FRIDAY 26th OCTOBER7.00pm