DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Agreed 100%. The reviews were almost universally positive for Kill List & I was really looking forward to it. I thought the dynamic between the two leads was good & it had me interested up until about the last 20 minutes. The ending was just fucking stupid. Not shocking, disturbing or remotely clever (as final act 'twists' go). Just like they'd got an idea but couldn't think of the a decent transition into the final act so shit just 'happened'. Really disappointed after all the hype.

500 Days is a brilliant film. Just some heart-breaking stuff and is head-and-shoulders above the usual romantic comedies you get today. Actually formed part of my dissertation I was so taken with it. Turned me onto JGL who really, really knows how to pick some great films. Check out Mysterious Skin, Brick and The Lookout, as well as Inception and Looper out of his recent mainstream stuff.

Zooey Deschanel is in New Girl which turns into a brilliant sitcom once they stop focusing everything around her. Some of her good films include Elf and All The Real Girls. Gigantic is very similar which she also stars in as a manic pixie girl to full effect.

Watched The Book of Eli last night. Farenheit 451 is a better SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Man is the book

film. Had potential, just got horribly lost up it's own arse about halfway in, and was shat there after.

Don't watch Brick, Frankie. It's a load of pretentious wank.

I thought it was pretty good, been a while since I've seen it now, but going into it I thought I wouldn't like it (as I usually hate fillms/tv shows about teens) but I got into it once I started watching it.

• Paid Members

Just saw Rec 3. It manages to somehow be completely unlike either of its predecessors. If you imagine it as a stand alone zombie movie it's quite enjoyable, but having it as part of the Rec series is a joke. There are a few hilarious bits though. But man, what a way to kill the scariest franchise in years.

• Paid Members

Just watched Ip Man 2. Even though its a complete rip off of Rocky 4, its such a great film. I'd put it only slightly behind the first one, which was just ridiculously good.

Next up, Ip Man 3!

Just saw Rec 3. It manages to somehow be completely unlike either of its predecessors. If you imagine it as a stand alone zombie movie it's quite enjoyable, but having it as part of the Rec series is a joke. There are a few hilarious bits though. But man, what a way to kill the scariest franchise in years.

I hated it. When characters stopped in the middle of a zombie chase to go "LOL that's why they say French girls are sluts" I turned it off. It was just a million miles away from the concept then. First twenty minutes were good.

• Paid Members
Don't watch Brick, Frankie. It's a load of pretentious wank.

(500) Days of Summer is lovely though. I can see why some people hate it, but I think it's great. It seems to be three quid in hmv permanently, but I never bother.

Yup. Listen to your King.

Watched Moneyball last night. Really enjoyed it and in typical form almost got emotional at the end. Because I'm a real man.

P.S Hoffman didn't have a huge role, but fuck is that man good. And I needn't express much more love for Brad Pitt Redford really but, love the man.