What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Anyone been watching the new Muppets series? It's nothing especially striking or original but it's a nice easy watch and every episode so far's been a fun escapist 20 minutes. 

I love it, the latest episode that aired in the US last night has been the funniest thus far, won't spoil it as I think it airs in a couple of weeks here

• Paid Members

I watched all of Master of None yesterday, Aziz Ansari's new sitcom on Netflix.

I want to believe you that's it's funny but I just can't.

I don't think you would like it.

Wow you're good, I couldn't even make it through the first episode.

Did you (or anyone else) see the Anthony Jeselnik special? He's one of the only stand up comedians I like. The only thing that's not great is the fact that he makes such a big deal about how offensive his jokes are (I hate it when shock comics do that) otherwise he's pretty sharp.

Edited by Call me Bellend

I haven't watched the second episode of Master of None yet. I found the first one a bit weird, like "Oh, Aziz Ansari's doing a rip-off of Louie." I don't much like Louie, either. And yet I like the two guys, both acting and doing stand-up. A comedy series done in the style of a lo-fi indie feature film is too much of a disconnect for me or something.

• Moderators

I watched all of Master of None yesterday, Aziz Ansari's new sitcom on Netflix.

I want to believe you that's it's funny but I just can't.

I don't think you would like it.

Wow you're good, I couldn't even make it through the first episode.

Did you (or anyone else) see the Anthony Jeselnik special? He's one of the only stand up comedians I like. The only thing that's not great is the fact that he makes such a big deal about how offensive his jokes are (I hate it when shock comics do that) otherwise he's pretty sharp.

I don't know him, I'll check it out though.. I give most of the stand up shows on Netflix a go. I turn most of them off after ten minutes.

I hate it when comedians tell me what I think about them and then base their jokes off that. Don't fucking trek me if I think your effeminate and it's hilarious or tell me I'm shocked by your edgy jokes. You do your routine and I'll decide that for myself. It shows weak fucking character to define yourself by what other people think of you...

• Paid Members

I don't know him, I'll check it out though.. I give most of the stand up shows on Netflix a go. I turn most of them off after ten minutes.

I do the the same thing, the standard is shocking, some of the worst stand up I've ever seen. I remember myq kaplan being ok

• Paid Members

Always found the dislike of Dobby odd (Butchi used to go nuclear on her). Far more enjoyable than Nancy or Big Suze (who were both canny decent). The cupboard sexual harrasment scene from S5 is still on of my fave scenes for the sheer cringe. Is it down to the character or the actress. Isy Suttie is actually a pretty good comedienne.

Peep Show are great for one off pay offs. Clean Shirt turning up again was superb.

Edited by WWFChilli